Home Forum Contact Create an Account Sign In Create a Trust

Ready to License Your Home?

Home Forums General EHTrust/EHT Topics and Creative Real Estate Financing Ready to License Your Home?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of mtnwizard49 mtnwizard49 11 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    mtnwizard49

You should be. In one year you won’t be able to sell your home without the permission of the EPA. I’m not kidding.

The American Clean Energy and Security Act of 2009 takes care of that. Read it, you won’t believe it.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-2454

H.R. 2454, the Cap & Trade bill passed by the House of Representatives, if also passed by the Senate, will be the largest tax increase any of us has ever experienced. The Congressional Budget Office (supposedly non-partisan) estimates that in just a few years the average cost to every family of four will be $6,800 per year. No one is excluded. However, once the lower classes feel the pinch in their wallets, you can be sure these voters get a tax refund (even if they pay no taxes at all) to offset this new cost. Thus, you Mr. and Mrs. Middle Class America will have to pay even more since additional tax dollars will be needed to bail out everyone else.

But wait. This awful bill (that no one in Congress has actually read) has many more surprises in it.

To get this permission, you will have to have the energy efficiency of your home measured. Then the government will tell you what your new energy efficiency requirement is and you will be forced to make modifications to your home under the retrofit provisions of this Act to comply with the new energy and water efficiency requirements.

Then you will have to get your home measured again and get a license (called a label in the Act) that must be posted on your property to show what your efficiency rating is; sort of like the Energy Star efficiency rating label on your refrigerator or air conditioner If you don’t get a high enough rating, you can’t sell. And, the EPA administrator is authorized to raise the standards every year, even above the automatic energy efficiency increases built into the Act.

The EPA administrator, appointed by the President, will run the Cap & Trade program (AKA the American Clean Energy and Security Act of 2009) and is authorized to make any future changes to the regulations and standards he alone determines to be in the government’s best interest. Requirements are set low initially so the bill will pass Congress; then the Administrator can set much tougher new standards every year. The Act itself contains annual required increases in energy efficiency for private and commercial residences and buildings. However, the EPA administrator can set higher standards at any time.

dave salcido

I wish I could say that I am shocked, but I am not. I told people years ago that I felt that vehicle emission legislation (for the most part) was a hoax and nothing more than a hidden tax (inflation) that would merely support the government’s insatiable desire to spend without measure without having to ask their constituency for a higher tax base. My “friends” thought (and still do, by the way) that I was a lunatic and that we needed to preserve our planet from the CO2 effect. You know, those pesky little gases that cause uncontrollable tree growth.

Well, it now seems clear that Al Gore, (the inventor of the Internet), and his save the planet corporation has very nicely positioned himself much in the same way that Dick Cheney (Haliburton) did with his “bring peace to the world or we will kill you” war on terrorism.

(Words of a true blue American): Personally, I love the Cap and Trade. I’m grateful that the president and congress are smarter than me and take the time to study these thing out. These are not rash decisions. Home energy controls are good for America. It’s good for the world. Sure, it may cost us a little, but at least our taxes are not increasing. And we’ll be getting free health care to boot! What’s the problem? Don’t worry. Be happy.

And, to avoid any appearance of unbridled pontification of personal agendas in this forum: I close my remarks by saying, GO NARS!

sstanton

Isn’t this like telling everyone NOT to let the cat out after it already got out?

What can we do about this, now that it passed?

Stu

dave salcido

@sstanton wrote:

Isn’t this like telling everyone NOT to let the cat out after it already got out?

What can we do about this, now that it passed?

Stu

Contrary to Constitutional law, All current US laws are corporate in nature and are defined as commercial transactions. This all falls under UCC. Exercise your remedy under UCC. Be brave. Study. Take action. Declare your sovereignty.

mtnwizard49

It hasn’t passed the Senate yet.

sstanton

Gary, thanks, I am awake today and notice the “if also” part that I completely missed yesterday. I sent an email off to my senator’s office saying “vote no”.

Stu
    (in need of more caffeine)

scott_l._moyes
    Participant

Is this what “they” mean by CHANGE?

dave salcido

@Scott_L._Moyes wrote:

Is this what “they” mean by CHANGE?

I have edited this post. Feathers were ruffled. Worse still, I may have committed a sacrilege.

neftalipazo

How does this post help us with the NARS program? Or is it merely POLITICAL.

mtnwizard49

It’s easy to blame the guy in charge but no President knows every detail of every proposed bill — hell, no congressman does either. This is another case of special interests influencing the right congressman on the right bill. You would be amazed at some of the proposals.

dave salcido

@mtnwizard49 wrote:

It’s easy to blame the guy in charge but no President knows every detail of every proposed bill — hell, no congressman does either. This is another case of special interests influencing the right congressman on the right bill. You would be amazed at some of the proposals.

You are absolutely right. Those holding positions in the executive and legislative branches, in my opinion are merely puppets performing on cue for their puppet masters (special interests). It’s hard enough just getting elected. Without the usual favors for votes ($$$), it is nearly impossible to get re-elected in order to maintain such a lifestyle of power, luxury and privilege. Executive orders and lousy legislation cannot alone truly be the cause. It must be the effect. No, true blame for this silliness must lie with we, the lazy, the uniformed, the lethargic. In the masterful words of Pogo, “WE HAVE MET THE ENEMY AND HE IS US”.

What does “political” commentary have to do with we in this forum? Look at your current standard of living. Check your savings account. What is the financial status of those for which you care? Is the future of your children brighter today than yesterday? Are news reports correct in their allegations of an unholy alliance between our elected officials and banking interests? If so, could this alleged corruption result in the displacement of American homeowners? Will this impact those of us trying to effectively utilize the Equity Holding Trust in our transactions? And finally, should there be a line drawn separating those discussions that are real estate driven from those in the so called “political” arena? Seriously, isn’t everything in its proper context in reality political?

mtnwizard49

In Arizona a law was passed that says if a homeowner left his home more than six months prior to its foreclosure, he OWES THE LENDER the difference between the amount of the sale at foreclosure and the balance due on the mortgage. That means people who have just suffered the loss of their home can count on being in debt for the rest of their lives. Welcome to America. It doesn’t matter which party is in power — they are the same when it comes to greed and protecting the banking industry.

scott

@NeftaliPazo wrote:

How does this post help us with the NARS program? Or is it merely POLITICAL.

A forced expense will make low income housing less avaliable. :(

Sellers not being able to sell will help landtrust investors since there is no sale. :)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in
Contact Form
Your Fullname:

Email Address:

Phone:

Best Time to Call:

Subject:

Your Message:

Security Code:

Can't read the above security code? Refresh