Home Forum Contact Create an Account Sign In Create a Trust

Credit partner needed. $361k FMV w/$227k owed. HELP!

Home Forums General Deal Makers -Ground Partner Request – Investor Needs – EHT Opportunities Credit partner needed. $361k FMV w/$227k owed. HELP!

This topic contains 39 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of red12 red12 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    janediehm

1. Want to go short sale? Thanks to Obama-san, tax liability isn’t applicable right now.

2. Do what I’m doing and SERIOUSLY consider going with the Living Free and Clear program.

Whatever you do, best of luck! It sounds like you need it.

Jane Diehm (who just joined Scott’s OCS program because she needs lots of direction, motivation, and just plain beating-up. You do what you gotta do!)

sstanton

@Jane wrote:

who just joined Scott’s OCS program because she needs lots of direction, motivation, and just plain beating-up.

Congratulations! You are in good hands, especially the ‘plain beating-up’ part :lol:

“Obama-san”, I like that.

Red, keep us posted, you are in goods hands here, plus a lot has happened in the last year that will benefit you. Hang in there!

red12

@JaneDiehm wrote:

1. Want to go short sale? Thanks to Obama-san, tax liability isn’t applicable right now.

2. Do what I’m doing and SERIOUSLY consider going with the Living Free and Clear program.

Whatever you do, best of luck! It sounds like you need it.

Jane Diehm (who just joined Scott’s OCS program because she needs lots of direction, motivation, and just plain beating-up. You do what you gotta do!)

I wasn’t aware that tax-liability for investment property short sales wasn’t applicable.

I’ll look at the LFC program. Haven’t been on this site in forever, so I’m out of the loop.

red12

After reading several threads and looking at the LFC site, I really don’t have the time or energy to learn an entirely new system (LFC). Could someone who is well-versed in it give me a call or shoot me an e-mail/PM?

sstanton

Look up Dave Salcido, he would be your huckleberry.

corkhorner
    Participant

Dave is working ‘feverishly’ to grow the LFC training/support.
    One of my local LFC support group members refers to ‘transformation’ underway, referring to the situation with real estate mortgages/financing etc.

Our group , in San Diego, are holding our own LFC support meetings to enhance the LFC process via info sharing and brainstorming.

c h

janediehm

Is MS a non-recourse state? According to IRS Publicatio 4681, Page 11 Aamended 12/11/08, there is no tax-liability for debt forgiveness of non-recourse debt. This from Christopher Combs, areal-estate attorney writing for The Arizona Republic.

Jane Diehm

red12

@JaneDiehm wrote:

Is MS a non-recourse state? According to IRS Publicatio 4681, Page 11 Aamended 12/11/08, there is no tax-liability for debt forgiveness of non-recourse debt. This from Christopher Combs, areal-estate attorney writing for The Arizona Republic.

Jane Diehm

I don’t know the answer to that. Any idea where/how I could find out?

janediehm

The way I understand the difference is that lenders can go after other non-real-estate items to satisfy the deficiency, such as RVs, jewelry, other valuables. Ask the IRS first. Other suggestions might be a real estate group, a realtor, law library, the business editor of your local newspaper.

That said, I’m NOT a lawyer and have no legal training, so take what I say with a ton of salt. Any legal beagle types can jump in at anytime. Hey, Bill might know! (Sorry, Bill, I didn’t mean to imply that you were one of those critters- just that you seem to have all that kind of knowledge on the tip of your tongue.)

Jane Diehm

scott_l._moyes
    Participant

@JaneDiehm wrote:

Mortgage Cancellation/Settlement is not debt forgiveness, so I doesn’t matter if MS is a non-recourse state of not.

red12

@Scott_L._Moyes wrote:

@JaneDiehm wrote:

Mortgage Cancellation/Settlement is not debt forgiveness, so I doesn’t matter if MS is a non-recourse state of not.

So you’re saying there would be recourse on this loan, regardless? Specifically, tax liability for the differnce of a short sale?

I just got hit with 1099s for a bunch of credit card write-offs from this year too. Should I not have?

scott_l._moyes
    Participant

Try these on for size:

With regard to the LFC Mortgage Elimination, there should be NO TAXES DUE because…

1. No loan was given therefore no loan ever existed.

2. “IF” there was a loan, it was “Paid in Full” already. Why would you get a 1099 for Debt Relief if the property was paid for.

3. The Note is not “forgiven” or “written off”. Again, this IS NOT Debt Forgiveness.

4. Because it is NOT Debt Forgiveness, there is NO 1099 issued.

red12

@Scott_L._Moyes wrote:

Try these on for size:

1. No loan was given therefore no loan ever existed.

2. If there was a loan, it was “Paid in Full” already.

3. The Note is not “forgiven” or “written off”. IOW, this IS NOT Debt Forgivness.

4. No 1099 is issued.

Sorry, Scott. You lost me. Could you clarify? Please.

scott_l._moyes
    Participant

I modified my last post. See if that helps. I did not address other “debts”. However, there are strategies and methods for those too, such as A4V.

faoff

@corkhorner wrote:

Our group , in San Diego, are holding our own LFC support meetings to enhance the LFC process via info sharing and brainstorming.

c h

Aloha Cork!

I’d be interested in attending these meetings. When/where are they?

~ Neil ~

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in
Contact Form
Your Fullname:

Email Address:

Phone:

Best Time to Call:

Subject:

Your Message:

Security Code:

Can't read the above security code? Refresh