Home Forum Contact Create an Account Sign In Create a Trust

What is working for you to get NEO’S sign?

Home Forums Advanced Training Board (OCS and Ruby Members) OCS Training Discussion Forum What is working for you to get NEO’S sign?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of isaac duenas isaac duenas 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #6194
    Avatar of isaac duenas
    isaac duenas
    Member

    I ask this question because I feel I’m truly applying what I know about this business. But apparently what I’m doing is not working.
    So what is the most effective way? I called sellers over and over again using the old scrip (I’m looking for someone selling on their own that in return for a full price offer is willing to …blablablabla), and lately I’m just saying: “Hi my name is Isaac, I’m calling about your property for sale. Will you take payments on the house?”. Well apparently this approach is not working for me either. Scott what advice can you give me? or what do you say on the phone?

    I personally feel I cannot just say whatever comes to my mind in the calls. I need to have a word by word script. Is that wrong? What do you exactly say to sellers Scott on the phone?

    Now, what about emails? I’ve been using the 3 email approach for the OCS members. Is this approach better than calling people?.

    Now, the reason I’m asking these questions is because I just want to close one dam transaction and I’m willing to do anything it takes to make it happen.

    Thanks everyone for your time.

    Isaac

    #31783

    @Isaac Duenas wrote:

    What do you exactly say to sellers Scott on the phone?

    Without exception I follow the original script.

    @Isaac Duenas wrote:

    Now, what about emails? I’ve been using the 3 email approach for the OCS members. Is this approach better than calling people?.

    I do not recommend emails. The are very impersonal and DO NOT work. The only exception to that is only an email to introduce yourself and ask JUST ONE question.

    “I saw your home (forsalebyowner or whatever), is it still available”. That’s it, that’s the email.

    Now just leave them your number to call or ask them to send their’s. If the property is still available, CALL THEM! DO NOT email them back. Cal and talk to them personally, period.

    @Isaac Duenas wrote:

    Now, the reason I’m asking these questions is because I just want to close one dam transaction and I’m willing to do anything it takes to make it happen. Isaac

    What happened to sending me the Profile/Questionnaire prior to making an offer? I get your call record every week but no Profiles or requests for assistance with making an offer or talking with sellers to answer their questions.

    Let’s work together, Fair Enough?

    #31784
    Avatar of isaac duenas
    isaac duenas
    Member

    @Scott_L._Moyes wrote:

    @Isaac Duenas wrote:
    What do you exactly say to sellers Scott on the phone?

    Without exception I follow the original script.

    @Isaac Duenas wrote:

    Now, what about emails? I’ve been using the 3 email approach for the OCS members. Is this approach better than calling people?.

    I do not recommend emails. The are very impersonal and DO NOT work. The only exception to that is only an email to introduce yourself and ask JUST ONE question.

    “I saw your home (forsalebyowner or whatever), is it still available”. That’s it, that’s the email.

    Now just leave them your number to call or ask them to send their’s. If the property is still available, CALL THEM! DO NOT email them back. Cal and talk to them personally, period.

    @Isaac Duenas wrote:

    Now, the reason I’m asking these questions is because I just want to close one dam transaction and I’m willing to do anything it takes to make it happen. Isaac

    What happened to sending me the Profile/Questionnaire prior to making an offer? I get your call record every week but no Profiles or requests for assistance with making an offer or talking with sellers to answer their questions.

    Let’s work together, Fair Enough?

    Thank you for the clarification about emailing sellers. I will focus more in getting my calls done.

    #31785
    Avatar of sstanton
    sstanton
    Member

    Issac,

    FYI: I did an email campaign last year for about three months. I send 100s of emails out (don’t remember the exact count), of those I was able to send out about 100 NEOs and got two signed. Never found the buyers for them, but that is the results of emailing and never talking to the seller until the have an NEO in front of them.

    I tried many different versions of emails of the time period, none seemed to work any better than others.

    I got 90% of my leads from Craigslist. I could cover more ground faster, but, in the end, nothing will beat doing exactly what Scott just said.

    The biggest reason that I did not get more signed was; I was locked into specific terms with a RE Broker and it did not leave room for us to negotiate. Many sellers did not like the terms.

    I was getting about 1 in 30 email to get to an NEO state. That was done without ever talking to the seller. I actually took a page from Scott on this approach.

    I like Scotts suggestion to let him call them next week. The results of that would be quite interesting.

    #31786
    Avatar of isaac duenas
    isaac duenas
    Member

    @sstanton wrote:

    Issac,

    FYI: I did an email campaign last year for about three months. I send 100s of emails out (don’t remember the exact count), of those I was able to send out about 100 NEOs and got two signed. Never found the buyers for them, but that is the results of emailing and never talking to the seller until the have an NEO in front of them.

    I tried many different versions of emails of the time period, none seemed to work any better than others.

    I got 90% of my leads from Craigslist. I could cover more ground faster, but, in the end, nothing will beat doing exactly what Scott just said.

    The biggest reason that I did not get more signed was; I was locked into specific terms with a RE Broker and it did not leave room for us to negotiate. Many sellers did not like the terms.

    I was getting about 1 in 30 email to get to an NEO state. That was done without ever talking to the seller. I actually took a page from Scott on this approach.

    I like Scotts suggestion to let him call them next week. The results of that would be quite interesting.

    Hundreds of emails and only two NEO’s signed??? That’s crazy, well at least you got a NEO signed. But I understand your point. Thank you Stu for sharing that. Things a little bit more clear for me now. By the way Stu where are you located at?

    #31787
    Avatar of sstanton
    sstanton
    Member

    I am in South west Montana in the sleepy little town of Three Forks. Named from the fact that the Jefferson, Madison and Gallatin rivers merge here to create the Mighty Mo (missouri river).

    We, the RE Broker and I, were asking for 90% of FMV and a term of 6 months or less. The RE Broker said he had 1000s of buyers that he can get financed in that time frame with his credit repair company and a special lender he had. We both thought that the slow market in that area would make the sellers think about this, but in the end, they did not go for it.

    The two that were signed were already under value and we were able to offer them slightly more than the asking price.

    So much for the 1000s of buyers, not one wanted either property. Go figure.

    Email marketing is a bulk application that takes more work with poorer results than phone calling, but it does work. And for those who hate phone calling, it is an option. Just don’t expect things to happen quickly. And it still takes a call to get even a chance to get an NEO signed. I talked at length to both sellers before they signed.

    #31788

    @Isaac Duenas wrote:

    Hundreds of emails and only two NEO’s signed??? That’s crazy

    That’s not crazy, that’s just the numbers. It is waaaaay better than direct mail and if you called those people instead of emailed them the numbers would 10x better.

    #31789
    Avatar of areyes
    areyes
    Member

    ahhhh this side of the forum seems more refreshing. too much clutter on the main thread for NON-EHT stuff.

    #31790

    @areyes wrote:

    ahhhh this side of the forum seems more refreshing. too much clutter on the main thread for NON-EHT stuff.

    This side of the forum is strictly for paid OCS Members Only.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in
Contact Form
Your Fullname:


Email Address:


Phone:


Best Time to Call:


Subject:


Your Message:


Security Code:

 

Can't read the above security code? Refresh