Home Forum Contact Create an Account Sign In Create a Trust

WANTED — SALT LAKE PASSIVE INVESTORS

Home Forums General EHTrust/EHT Topics and Creative Real Estate Financing WANTED — SALT LAKE PASSIVE INVESTORS

This topic contains 17 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of dbhenderson dbhenderson 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    dbhenderson

Double-Digit Returns!

Safety — Equity from highly discounted bank owned properties!

Income Producing Properties!

Live-in Property Manager – No landlord problems!

Built-in Exit Strategy already in place!

Interested? Contact David B at dbhenderson8356 at msn dot com.

NULL

Looks like you solved the SEC issue. David, why are you advertising here for passive investors? What are the Hedge funds doing with the properties they are buying from the banks? They buy “packages” then only have two options, hold ‘em or fold ‘em. “You’ve got to know know when to hold ‘em, know when to fold ‘em, know when to walk away…” Sorry I had to throw that in.

bolieunj

Homesavers,

The two options you cite vaguely outline what an RE fund will do once they purchase tapes.

Hold ‘em can be broken down into over 30 different ways to improve the notes. “Fold ‘em” can mean foreclosure which is factored into the purchase price. In this type of scenario, foreclosure is a good thing for the fund since it wipes out the liens making the property more valuable. Funds also repackage or cut up properties and offer them to the public, other investors, or other funds as well.

Leon

dbhenderson

@homesavers wrote:

Looks like you solved the SEC issue. David, why are you advertising here for passive investors?

What SEC issue? My investor buys a REO from a bank at a 40% discount. On a $200K house, that is a pick up of $80K in equity (that’s over 20% ROI. There is also potential for monthly PCF). No SEC regulation involved here!

Now what does he do with the house?
    Under FHA rules he can’t finance it for 90 days. Flips are now tough.
    How does he sell it for $200K when the banks are loaded with the same kind of homes that they are selling for 40% to 60% discount?
    He is passive because he doesn’t want to be a landlord and worry about vacancies, property management, maintanence, upkeep, repairs, etc. I can put a live-in property manager in the house.
    I can have the RB ready to buy in 24 months at the then appraised price. Thus, the exit strategy is in place.

Nothing but a normal NARS deal using a NEHT to do a lease2own.

DavidB

Dave,

You know as well as I do that the SEC can insert their big jackboots in to anything they wish no matter what you call it. ANY TIME you solicit funds from anyone for any reason, the SEC can get involved. Technically if you ask a friend to invest $50 in an Amway Kit you’re subject to SEC regulation.

All I’m saying is, you have now “ADVERTISED” and “SOLICITED” funds publicly. It doesn’t matter that you are going to be using an EHTrust. The fact that you solicited funds to purchase real estate and become a co-beneficiary of a trust does not matter to the SEC. You should know that better than anyone. If they want to insert their boots up your A$$, they will.

Don’t you think that Me or Bill could have written the same post you did and asked members and others for funds to purchase REOs and Short Sales so that we could put an RB in the place and all share in all the profit centers? Sure we could. Then why don’t we? Believe me, we have all considered it for many years and in fact at one time started creating entities to do so before our Attorney’s advised us not to.

Just be very careful what you do and say to those who contact you regarding your advertising and solicitation for funds.

dbhenderson

@Scott_L._Moyes wrote:

Dave,

You know as well as I do that the SEC can insert their big jackboots in to anything they wish no matter what you call it. No kidding, look what the government has done to GM dealerships across the country. They did the same thing to me only on a smaller scale. Bottom line they destroyed my $200k a month auto business and when I asked them, ???What is a security???? They looked me and my attorney right in the eye and said, ???Anything we want it to be!??? ANY TIME you solicit funds from anyone for any reason, the SEC can get involved. Technically if you ask a friend to invest $50 in an Amway Kit you’re subject to SEC regulation. You are right. So I guess with the present administration???s attitude on free enterprise and capitalism, we should all get ???real job??? and become ???mealy mouths??? afraid of our own government? Not me!

All I’m saying is, you have now “ADVERTISED” and “SOLICITED” funds publicly. Not really. I am only offering my services to provide and exit strategy on an investment he already has made. I don???t ask him to invest with me in my investment. I don???t share the equity he gets by buying a REO at a 40% to 60% discount. I have advertised a service, that no one else out there can offer him, AFTER he???s made his investment. A service is not a security. It doesn’t matter that you are going to be using an EHTrust. The fact that you solicited funds to purchase real estate and become a co-beneficiary of a trust does not matter to the SEC. You should know that better than anyone. If they want to insert their boots up your A$$, they will. They can I agree, but I don???t think they have deteriorated that much — YET? I have not solicited funds to purchase real estate or anything else!

Don’t you think that Me or Bill could have written the same post you did and asked members and others for funds to purchase REOs and Short Sales so that we could put an RB in the place and all share in all the profit centers? Sure we could. Then why don’t we? Believe me, we have all considered it for many years and in fact at one time started creating entities to do so before our Attorney’s advised us not to.

Just be very careful what you do and say to those who contact you regarding your advertising and solicitation for funds. Believe me I am well aware of the dangers of solicitations for investment funds. I advertised for passive investors who don???t want landlord problems, who don’t want vacancy problems, who don’t want property management problems, who do want an established exit strategy already in place, who do want a full price when they sell, WHO HAVE ALREADY PURCHASED their REO properties, NOT for funds to buy REOs and short sale properties. This is a discussion I think we should have privately and not on the open board. It???s kind of like who came first? The chicken or the egg.

dbhenderson

We still need to fix the edit function on the reply!

NULL

Been there, got this same stuff from the “govt” as an owner of 2 Health Care Facilities – GREAT ONES! GREAT CARE for the people…but a govt. lady with a STICK up her you know what attitude – - ended up destroying a LOT of lives. So, D.B. I’m with YOU!

Here’s something interesting…is an REIT subject to SEC? Why, why not?

I’m thinkin’ with the Rules gone out the door new cowboy frontier – perhaps we’ve been looking at this as scared little people, drones….and we need to step back and take a new look at the landscape. Afterall Bill’s the leader in looking outside the box.

With this all in mind – here’s very KISSed link to look at:
    Could we use some of this strategy and avoid the SEC scare tactics. or is it my fazed out brain that’s seeing something here?????? Feedback pls.
    Cheryl – used to be landtrustpartners, now thinking it should be fightthepowerpartners lol
    OK – gurus galore, please review the link below and give it to me!!!(feedback that is!)

http://www.sec.gov/answers/reits.htm

Hey, even better said out of the mouth of our fearless leader – see below.
    Ya’ know, it sure seems to me it’s HOW we’re looking at it – OUR INTENT – that plays out in the courtroom – please let me know about this any Attorney’s that want to chime in…

Here’s what I mean: from Bill himself on the upcoming cmeeting:

We want to partner with the NARS PACRats(tm) members in order to “make” them TAKE ACTION NOW via a joint (group) effort of getting properties and buyers at the meetings themselves…and arranging partnerships between participants (those who wish to do so)!

IMPORTANT NOTE: This group is not a “Real Estate Investor’s Club” per se. It is a Mastermind Group of like-minded people who are dedicated to the proposition of profiting from the current economy–honestly, ethically and and legally–because of not in spite of the current real estate market.

THE NETWORK…

1:1 lifetime coaching, and more – AIN’T CHEAP, BUT IT’S GOOD!

NULL

@land trust partners wrote:

IMPORTANT NOTE: This group is not a “Real Estate Investor’s Club” per se. It is a Mastermind Group of like-minded people who are dedicated to the proposition of profiting from the current economy–honestly, ethically and and legally–because of not in spite of the current real estate market.

I have been a member of three “Real Estate Investor’s Clubs” they turn into profit venues for the owner of the club. These are sales presentations under the guise of “education”. I stop going to them long ago.

The Mastermind Group is a great idea isn’t that what we have here yet virtually? I would organize one in my area. Anybody interested?

NULL

Give me the edit button! My brain can spell but sometimes my fingers cannot.

OK Mr. Homesavers,
    Do it and they will come. I’ll be the first to say “yes”, I’ll be there.

Wow, I can’t believe my ears – we’ll have an action group up North – how soon?

Cheryl
    landtrust partners

dbhenderson

Atlas Shrugging

Even as the economy tanks, buyers are willing to pay good money for a curious commodity: a thousand-page-plus novel from 1957. (Used to be required reading when I was in High School. It probably still should be).

Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand (1905-82), just reached No. 6 on Amazon???s Literature and Fiction best seller list. Bookstore sales reached an all-time annual high of about 200,000 copies in 2008. So far this year, reports the Ayn Rand Center for Individual Rights, the book is selling at almost triple last years rate.

Demonstrators carrying ???Going Galt??? signs are regular fixtures at the Tea Party protests — referencing the book???s protagonist, John Galt, who leads a general strike by society???s entrepreneurs and producers. These achievers-as-Atlas simply refuse to continue to carry the world of government-backed ???looters??? and ???moochers??? on their shoulders any longer.

And it???s happening. On March 2, ABC News reported that over-burdened Americans have started to plan to earn less. ???Why kill yourself working if you???re going to give it all away to people who aren???t working as hard???? asks an unnamed 63 year old attorney in Louisiana. Along with many other ???upper-income??? taxpayers, who already fork over a huge percentage to the government, a Boulder CO dentist is looking to downsize earnings. Since $250,000 paints an Obama bulls-eye on her back, she intends to be less productive. ???It would mean working fewer days which means having fewer employees, seeing fewer patients and taking time off.??? After all, she notes, ???if I???m going to be working just to give it back to the government — it???s de-motivating and demoralizing.??? And earnings and the money that belongs to the Atlas of the over-taxpaying private sector is about to dry up, as this Atlas shrugs!

NULL

“You are no longer to give the people straw to make brick as previously; let them go and gather straw for themselves. Exodus 5:7

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in
Contact Form
Your Fullname:

Email Address:

Phone:

Best Time to Call:

Subject:

Your Message:

Security Code:

Can't read the above security code? Refresh