Home Forum Contact Create an Account Sign In Create a Trust

VA Loan release

This topic contains 13 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of bigal bigal 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 0 posts
  • Author
    bigal

Rookie needs help,

I have a seller opened to the idea of the basic trust transfer. She has a VA loan on the property and wants to know if she will be able to get another VA loan in a couple of years with the first one still sitting our transaction.

Anyone with a quick answer would be highly appreciated,
    Alan

jerry carey

Hello Bigal:

As far as I know … all V.A. loans are fully assumable by anyone, without having to qualify in any way! Someone is going to have to assume that loan OR the existing borrower will have to stay on the loan! If they stay on the loan I don’t think they can apply and qualify for a second loan without retiring the first one. I’m am not positive about that, but that’s my honest opinion.

Jerry Carey

bigal

Thanks Jerry,

I appreciate the info. That gives me something to go on and I will research this some more.

Alan

areyes

the RTI (rent to income) letter may also help you qualify for another loan. the lender would see that your property has been transferred into your own revocable living trust for estate planning and asset protection. not only that, you’d have a 2 month contingency fund held for your trust and preferrably your PITI is covered based on a commercial type triple net lease agreement.

basically the lender will see that you’ve structured your residential property to act like a commercial property where the monthly payments are covering your debt servicing and preferrably receiving positive cashflow.

if you were to do a straight lease, lenders will credit you 75% rent to income credit because the landlord is still responsible for the risks of vacancy, repairs, maintenance, management, negative cashflow, etc.

the EHT will either eliminate or mitigate those risks significantly if done correctly.

jerry carey

Alan:

Alvin is absolutely correct … if you leave the existing financing where it is now in the name of the prospective Settlor Co-Beneficiary. However, if what I said is correct about it being assumable by anyone … why wouldn’t you just assume the loan and get the seller out of the transaction completely :!: Your going to be taking over the monthly payments anyway.

Jerry Carey

areyes

i agree with jerry.
    ive read that FHA and VA loans were assumable by formally qualifying with the FHA/VA lender. of course you have to do the full documentation and verify everything.

@Jerry Carey wrote:

Alan:

Alvin is absolutely correct … if you leave the existing financing where it is now in the name of the prospective Settlor Co-Beneficiary. However, if what I said is correct about it being assumable by anyone … why wouldn’t you just assume the loan and get the seller out of the transaction completely :!: Your going to be taking over the monthly payments anyway.

Jerry Carey

jerry carey

Alvin:

No … what I was saying is that for VA loans (not FHA loans) there was NO qualifying necessary to assume these types of loans :!: I know years ago that this was true, but thing might have changed in the last 20-30 years! (lol)

Jerry Carey

areyes

No qualifying for VA loans. interesting. TRUST, BUT VERIFY. hehe

@Jerry Carey wrote:

Alvin:

No … what I was saying is that for VA loans (not FHA loans) there was NO qualifying necessary to assume these types of loans :!: I know years ago that this was true, but thing might have changed in the last 20-30 years! (lol)

Jerry Carey

mtnwizard49

I don’t think there has ever been a time that you had to qualify to assume a VA loan. You HAVE to retire the first before you can take out a second one, however.

jonrobinson

This I know, No you cannot get another VA loan until the last one is settled. I have assumed one before and unless it was established before 1983 or early 80′s anyway it’s not “No Qualifying Assumable” but neither was the one I assumed and I didn”t qualify It cost me $500 and a credit check yes my credit was good but recent job with not enough income to show, I told the broker who had the listing and had had it fall out of escrow several times well its no wonder with no front door, back door, no flooring missing part of the roof, I’ll just assume the loan. She said” It’s not assumable! Just show the pictures of this property and it will magically become assumable.and it did. I gave the seller a note for the difference. and I am not a Veteran either. However I listened to Bill at his seminar and I believe he mention that the VA loan is already a form of a land trust and that you would have to find new financing to use the NARS EHT. I could be wrong on that.

bigal

Thank you so much gentlemen. Your response, info and suggestions are outstanding and highly appreciated. I think I’m a believer now in this BB. I can learn so much in a short time.

Till I need help again (probably pretty soon),
    Alan

Jon you are correct. You can only have one VA loan in your name.

All loans have some qualifying, including VA.

bill_gatten
    Participant

Alan,

You must change your handle…all this time I thught we were hearing from a bi-gal. But now I see…it’s big Al. Whoa! Scared me.

mtnwizard49

I thought the same thing. I thought Big Al had a sex change operation and was now bi-gal.

scott

@mtnwizard49 wrote:

I thought the same thing. I thought Big Al had a sex change operation and was now bi-gal.

:lol: Me too! Try caping the A.

Viewing 0 posts

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Tagged with:
Posted in
Contact Form
Your Fullname:

Email Address:

Phone:

Best Time to Call:

Subject:

Your Message:

Security Code:

Can't read the above security code? Refresh

Warning: Unknown: 1 result set(s) not freed. Use mysql_free_result to free result sets which were requested using mysql_query() in Unknown on line 0