Home Forum Contact Create an Account Sign In Create a Trust

Those not building their networks are losing BIG TIME

Home Forums General EHTrust/EHT Topics and Creative Real Estate Financing Those not building their networks are losing BIG TIME

This topic contains 18 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of dave salcido dave salcido 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    dave salcido

We talk often about building a network; a social network, a business network. There are many places to go to start such a network; Twitter, Facebook, Myspace, Youtube, etc. Why are these gathering places so popular? What is the reason behind this phenomenon? I believe it lies in the fact that people want to belong. People want to be a part of something that is larger than themselves. Even we NARS members come to this discussion board not just for profit making tips, but we also can’t wait to read the next outrageously funny post by the lovingly bombastic and inimitable Wizard! We are social creatures. We are all socially driven by something. The pursuit of friendship, love, freedom, wealth, health, education, spiritual oneness, are are motivators for us to seek like minded people. The Internet has opened panoramas for self-fulfillment never before experienced.

Now, with the click of a button, millions can unite to discuss the desires of their hearts. This concept has not been lost to the marketeers of this world. Social gathering sites are now becoming marketplaces. Indeed, your networks are social clubs but they are also storefronts. We must never lose sight of this fact. So, we must also take advantage of the opportunity to provide those in our social network with much needed products and services that only we can provide. I’m suggesting soft sell and not hard sell. We don’t want to fill our social gathering place with a bunch of car salesmen (no disrespect to all you car salesmen out there). But we do want our network to know that we are in business too. So, from time to time, it is important for us to occasionally throw in an ad or two along with anything else we are discussing with our family, friends, neighbors and business associates.

Regardless of what social network to which we belong, the one thing that keeps us coming back again and again is content. If the content is rich, provocative, fulfilling and entertaining, we tend to return for more. Good social networks are like that. So are good business networks. If your network marketing pieces stink, your network will soon wither and die. Those that want to keep their networks vibrant, but are personally inadequate in providing interesting content can easily solve this problem by finding authors that do produce interesting subject matter and then posting the author’s text, audio and visuals on their network sites. This stimulates excitement and activity.

Where does all of this lead? Quite simply, building a successful business is nothing more than building a successful gathering place or a social network. What we do in our business is merely the topic of discussion. If we want to get more NARS and loan modification transactions in the hopper, we must first build a large network of NARS and loan modification interested family, friends, bird dogs, sellers, buyers, investors, real estate agents, mortgage brokers, etc. How does this happen? We invite everyone we know or meet to our social/business gathering place, (weblog, Twitter, Facebook, etc). We invite anyone that needs more money to join our network. We invite anyone experiencing home ownership or financial difficulty to join our network. That’s pretty much the entire world isn’t it? So finding like minded people isn’t that hard to do. The real issue is, now that we found them, how do we get them to join?

Advertise! Use email, websites, flyers, business cards, word of mouth. If your advertising stinks. Find someone that does it good and make them a part of your network. Let them share in transactions if you don’t have the money to pay for advertising. Here’s an example. As a NARS Master Affiliate, I am marketing NARS 2 1/2 day workshops. What is the best way to get the word out to the masses? I build my social network and make announcements within my social gathering places and let my network spread the word for me with an incentive for doing so.

Now, let’s see how this works: For NARS members only!!! Please go to my Twitter network at http://www.Twitter.com/davesalcido and find out how you can instantly build a social and business network AND make instant cash by simply promoting a NARS 2 1/2 day workshop in your neighborhood. Building your network will bring you deals and future income. Promoting a NARS 2 1/2 day workshop in your neighborhood can also bring you instant cash. I have created a marketing video with your contact information! Use it to build your network and create new cash flow! Go to http://www.Twitter.com/davesalcido. Join my network and ask for the free promotional video with your contact information!
    http://www.viddler.com/explore/GoldenPig/videos/8/

Start building your network NOW!

NULL

David, Where did we lose the focus of finding sellers and buyers to close deals to promoting seminars? I am all for education but the objective is to get results. Those results end in closed deals with net profits.
    I can see where this can be lucrative. I mean 20 people at a seminar translates to almost 5 grand in one day(given 249 per person) Not too shabby for a days work. Most of us punch a clock for a whole month to make that.
    To be honest with you I see why you are promoting the seminars. Cash flow for more deals. Most of the people that go to these seminars will do nothing. Hence, the fee as charged.
    Sorry David but I will not be promoting any seminars in the near future unless they are 100 percent free. Why because I think we should be focusing on training people to market and find deals to close.
    You are starting to look to much like Trump, Rich Dad-Poor Dad, your own Robert Allen, “and the rest here on Gilligan’s Island.”
    The Skipper(Bill Gatten) is getting a bit frustrated with Gilligan. Let’s get off the Island. Professor Scott can make a radio out of coconuts. So my money and Mr. Howell’s is on him. Thanks. End of Three hour tour.

dave salcido

@homesavers wrote:

David, Where did we lose the focus of finding sellers and buyers to close deals to promoting seminars? I am all for education but the objective is to get results. Those results end in closed deals with net profits.
    I can see where this can be lucrative. I mean 20 people at a seminar translates to almost 5 grand in one day(given 249 per person) Not too shabby for a days work. Most of us punch a clock for a whole month to make that.
    To be honest with you I see why you are promoting the seminars. Cash flow for more deals. Most of the people that go to these seminars will do nothing. Hence, the fee as charged.
    Sorry David but I will not be promoting any seminars in the near future unless they are 100 percent free. Why because I think we should be focusing on training people to market and find deals to close.
    You are starting to look to much like Trump, Rich Dad-Poor Dad, your own Robert Allen, “and the rest here on Gilligan’s Island.”
    The Skipper(Bill Gatten) is getting a bit frustrated with Gilligan. Let’s get off the Island. Professor Scott can make a radio out of coconuts. So my money and Mr. Howell’s is on him. Thanks. End of Three hour tour.

WOW! Where did I go wrong!!?? You completely missed the point. Frankly, from your most recent posts, this has become an all too often occurrence. But I do know why this is happening. (My point is not to be critical but pragmatic.) Some appear to be more comfortable with the glass half empty approach, at least in my estimation. Believe me, negative vibes can be felt even from the most undiscerning. Negativity breeds negative results. I don’t know the science behind this, but every successful human being will tell you of the pitfalls of doubt and uncertainly. I cannot change this way of thinking. That is the makeup of some humans. If I were hand a naysayer a ten dollar bill for no reason whatsoever, their response would surely be, “what’s the catch?”

Forget the promotion of workshops. Forget the free ten dollar bill. When I discussed how and why building networks could create value in producing more successful transactions, was all of that lost in your disgust over promoting a workshop? A workshop, a seminar, a local library meeting, a cottage fireside chat, all bring people together where they can discuss the very things that need to be discussed. And training people properly does bring in better deals. My closed deals are proof positive. If you are untrained, it doesn’t matter how many books or tapes you buy, you are a liability. Free Schmee!

My goodness, how are you getting your leads? Where do you get your sellers, your buyers? Do they fall into your lap? Maybe the real question should be, do get them at all? If you don’t, that may speak volumes. I can assure you, one or two leads a week is better than nothing, but it probably won’t be enough to butter your toast. Do what you will. Keep drinking from that half empty cup of water. I choose to fill my cup to overflowing. I will host workshops. I will scream from the rooftops. I will market like a madman. In the final tally, my network will be larger than yours. I will have more NARS transactions in the pipeline. I will close more deals. I will make more money. I will have more shiny white teeth to expose every time I make my bank deposits. I will be more than happy to promote all of the workshops that you will refuse. I have absolutely no problem with that. I will truly be a Homesaver. I choose not to just visit Gilligan’s Island, I plan on owning it!

@homesavers wrote:

Virtually 100% of my NARS transactions came from referrals from my “Social Network”, such as Realtors, Lenders and other Investors, including NARS Investor/Members. So, building your Network puts more eyes out there for you.

We’ve always maintained that your foundation is calling Sellers and marketing for Buyer/RBs. But, that is just your foundation. You are the one who wanted a way to get people, Sellers etc, to call you. What better way than to have them fully educated on the NARS System.

I continually do 90 min, half day and all day Realtor and Lender workshops in my local market. I’m always “in-there-faces” via phone calls, meetings, emails, etc.

The “FOCUS” is, and always will be… locating Sellers and closing transactions. The more people who know about and appreciate what you do the better.

The Multi-Level/Network Marketing world has perfected it. I call it… Retail-by-Default. Invite someone to a meeting to learn what you do and if they themselves are not interested in joining your “Network”, they usually end up being a customer. In our case they will have need for our NARS Services themselves or know someone who does.

Even though we/nars/reap/etc, are not Multi-Level, we are a Network. So build your TEAM/Network and market through your Network in addition to all those calls you make.

@homesavers wrote:

I can see where this can be lucrative. I mean 20 people at a seminar translates to almost 5 grand in one day(given 249 per person) Not too shabby for a days work.

To be honest with you, it costs us more to put on a REAP All-Day Training than we bring in, regardless of the number of attendees. The purpose of the Workshop is not to make money selling training, books and tapes, etc. It is to build a Network of Investors, Realtors, Lenders, etc, that will funnel EHTrust transactions to You and NARS. The “Profits” are made in the transactions.

What Dave and I did with REAP Training in Salt Lake City and San Diego didn’t even cover our expenses, which we alone must pay for. NARS does not pay us to be there, we have to cover all our own expenses.

We do this to build our Network. Our Network of those who, in return for our knowledge and assistance will share their transactions with us. As a Master Affiliate we also get to process the documentation, much like a loan processor, and that too we get paid for.

@homesavers wrote:

I will not be promoting any seminars in the near future unless they are 100 percent free.

The NARS 2.5 Day Workshops are totally free. Only if someone, who is already a full NARS Member wants to attend “REAP Training”, and pay for it, will they do so. BTW, the REAP Training, and the New Start Loan Modification Program, are included in all new NARS Network Memberships. If you are not a Network Member already or don’t become one, you don’t come to REAP Training anyway. Plus, our REAP Training is totally voluntary. No one is required or obligated to attend seperate REAP Training.

@homesavers wrote:

Why because I think we should be focusing on training people to market and find deals to close.

You’re absolutely correct. We are teaching people to “market” and find deals. You can either learn it by first purchasing a Success Pack or becoming a NARS Member and as such will have free access to the NARS Training and OCS if you are a Member, or you can also choose to work with, and pay for, a personal tutor and mentor, who has actually closed many many transactions.

My 11 years old son is a member of a great school. But he just doesn’t get some concepts or lacks follow through. So, we hired a Tutor/Mentor to personally work with him so he can be as successful as the rest of his class. He has to work harder than anyone in his class, and so may you and others.

All Success Pack owners are enititled to some limited “Training and Mentoring”, thinks like helping with answering Seller’s questions etc. Full NARS Members are entitled to that same basic training, plus OCS Training included in their membership and Personal REAP (paid) Training if they need it and want it.

Our goal is to cover our expenses while preparing you to do profitable transactions that we both will benefit from.

NULL

Well said Scott. I have always fought against building a mass network of people. Why? Because I like to keep things a secret if I think that I will create competitors. Sounds odd but if I tell everybody about the NARS trust what will that benefit me in closing deals? No one I know gives away their sources.
    I do not mean to come across as negative. I am just trying cut through all the marketing and selling hype and get to the meat of what works in this business. If networking is the key and nothing else works then by gosh I need to start “shaking hands” with more people (virtually and on the ground). A difficult proposition to say the least.

dave salcido

@homesavers wrote:

Well said Scott. I have always fought against building a mass network of people. Why? Because I like to keep things a secret if I think that I will create competitors. Sounds odd but if I tell everybody about the NARS trust what will that benefit me in closing deals? No one I know gives away their sources.
    I do not mean to come across as negative. I am just trying cut through all the marketing and selling hype and get to the meat of what works in this business. If networking is the key and nothing else works then by gosh I need to start “shaking hands” with more people (virtually and on the ground). A difficult proposition to say the least.

Hold on Professor. Where did Scott say anything about not building a mass network of people? He HAS a mass network of people, regardless of his methodology. He has the largest network in the NARS universe of stars. Again, with due respect, you are missing the point. Secrets? What secrets? Keeping secrets about NARS is like opening a restaurant and not inviting eaters for fear that they may discover your secret recipe. Really, I for the life of me cannot understand what you are hoping to accomplish. Will NARS members on this board really benefit from your logic with respect to your MO on this subject? Scarcity vs. Abundance? Where do you stand?

areyes

Don has the best kept secret in the world!

Just start networking you old man. :wink:

It will get you better results than what you’re getting now.

Dave, I think you may have misread his reply about building a mass network. All he is saying is that he has resisted in doing so because in his own words, he is paranoid about creating his own competition.

We’re not talking about creating competition, but rather a team that works together, not against each other. So what if someone you bring to a seminar buys a membership and never includes you in any deals. They were never going to include you anyway, and they will never succeed, because they now have the same stinking thinking that you had (pas tense). But, what if we showed you how you can also profit from most of their transactions even if you aren’t involved or a beneficiary?

getsmart

how much time does it take to build up a network that will generate constant leads? i would imagine at least 20 hours per week since you have to stay in touch with members and to keep them engaged. the whole thing about getting over their wall of what they are doing to getting them interested in your business. most people join those sites to keep in touch with people from college, schools, family and friends. most will accept a friendship request but it takes time to get to know them even though it is over the net.

areyes

I think its more about WIIFM (What’s in it for me)?

or

What’s in it for them and their clients?

If both parties have inventory, just let the law of synchronicity take its place and match them up by either partnering up or referring it for a fee. How are people going to do business with each other if they don’t know what you do?

A mortgage broker I used to work for told me that I have to “WOW” people in order for them to remember me regardless if they do business with me or not. If they remember me, best thing I can get is a referral lead. Plant your seeds through networking. Majority of the seller leads I’m getting were through referrals and networking.

WOW = EHT system

@GetSmart wrote:

how much time does it take to build up a network that will generate constant leads?

Howbout just one 20 minute Broker or Loan Officer Meeting. I’ve walked out of offices after less than 30 minutes with leads.

Attend just one 90 minute Real Estate Investors meeting and tell the group what you’re looking for.

Or, 30 seconds in an elevator with a group of broke lenders.

A breakfast meeting with your local Business Exchange Group and take 5 minutes to hit their hot buttons.

Even an email blast to local Realtors and Lenders that Bill Gatten, author of “A Fortune in Free Real Estate” is coming to town and wants to talk to them.

Just like sellers, you need to keep the pipeline full of referral sources.

NULL

@Scott_L._Moyes wrote:

Dave, I think you may have misread his reply about building a mass network. All he is saying is that he has resisted in doing so because in his own words, he is paranoid about creating his own competition.
    Right because I have spoken to many agents and other business contacts over the years and it has yielded zero deals. I have experienced no benefit from network contacts -profit wise at least.

But, what if we showed you how you can also profit from most of their transactions even if you aren’t involved or a beneficiary?

Boy this is interesting how are you going to do that? Loan Mod service?

getsmart

Scott i was referring to the social networking medium.

NULL

We are taking this way far out there. What I am trying to say is what happened to just getting offers signed and buyers, buying? Do we have to build these huge networks and conduct seminars (takes a lot of prep work and planning) Seems like we are creating a hug mountain out of a mole hill. All these Web 2.0 tactics are great and you may see some results after time but I am a firm believer in guerrilla marketing. Do we really need an all out campaign to make 20K a month?

@GetSmart wrote:

Scott i was referring to the social networking medium.

That is Social Networking at its finest. Face-to-Face baby.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in
Contact Form
Your Fullname:

Email Address:

Phone:

Best Time to Call:

Subject:

Your Message:

Security Code:

Can't read the above security code? Refresh