Home Forum Contact Create an Account Sign In Create a Trust

Tax Lease Question

This topic contains 13 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of john_thoma john_thoma 14 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 0 posts
  • Author
    john_thoma

Bill or Anyone,

If you set-up a Nehtrust for the purpose of doing a tax lease how are major maintenance issues handled?

For example, if the RB is getting property tax and mortgage deduction, but no future equity, and the roof blows off or the furnance goes, how does that repair money get accounted for?

bill_gatten
    Participant

Remember, a Tax Lease is really just an Equity Share with different perecentages, but still with all the responsibilities contractually falling on the tenant.

john_thoma

Bill,

Could you also offer to give the RB a credit against future equity from appreciation and principle reduction?

bill_gatten
    Participant

Yes, that’s what the Contingency Fund is for…exactly that.

Remember that with the Eq. Hldg Trust Transfer, you can do anything you want.

john_thoma

Bill,

It’s my lucky night realtime posting and responses :)

I didn’t mean to say give them equity. What I meant to say was show the RB making a contribution to the trust for the repair value.

bill_gatten
    Participant

Sure, as I said, just make sure everyone understands that a contribution to the Contingency Fund is not a down payment or buy-down of sale price.

Bill

sserio

Bill,

Besides using the [blue]Contingency Fund[/blue] for a [red]major repair[/red], isn’t this what insurance would be used for, if necessary?

Sal

mcduffee
    Quote:
    If the RB is getting property tax and mortgage deduction, but no future equity, and the roof blows off or the furnance goes, how does that repair money get accounted for?

Quote:
    Besides using the [blue]Contingency Fund[/blue] for a [red]major repair[/red], isn’t this what insurance would be used for, if necessary?

Maybe a combination of homeowner’s insurance and a warranty policy (“appliance insurance”) would cover these events.

bigdaddy

McDuffe,
    Good points… I do put a home warranty on my properties to cover things like a/c, plumbing, water heater etc.

john_thoma

Mc Duffee,

Here in NJ, we have the highest property taxes in the nation.

sserio

Hey Guys,

The way I think of a NEHT property that is structured as a Tax Lease is a property I probably am intending on holding onto, for the long term, while the tenant beneficiaries are paying the mortgage off … another words a property that I am keeping to help in reaching my wealth building goals.

So the question on how to handle repairs, especially a major one, is very important.

anonymous
    Quote:
    Yes, that’s what the Contingency Fund is for…exactly that.

Remember that with the Eq. Hldg Trust Transfer, you can do anything you want. ?If you can conceive it, your can achieve it (made that one up my self…then sold it to Napoleon Hill).

Just remember that any time you promise someone a reduction in price, a rent credit, or a piece of the equity in the property…you have just transferred an equitable interest. ?This transfer of equity is all they need for a claim of “Equity” to thwart any eviction attempt and force you into a judicial foreclosure mode and probably an ejectment action and a Quiet Title. ?Don?t even think about it!

Bill Gatten

Bill,

I have a question in regards to ” or a piece of the equity in the property…you have just transferred an equitable interest. ” in the above quote.

How or does this situation differ from “selling” all or a percentage of the existing equity, Potential appreciation or equity build-up when you are trying to increase your monthly cash flow thru “Income Layering”?

Would appreciate it if you could clarify this for me.

Thanks

Rick

bigdaddy

I think Bill was referring to doing that using a regular lease option w/o the protection of the trust.

bill_gatten
    Participant

There are various ways to skin cats (assuming you’d need to have one skinned?gofferbid).

Let’s say I’m starting with $20,000 equity in a property that I own, and you come in as my seller-carry buyer and give me a $10,000 down payment.

jimmonty

Great discussion about risks and how to eliminate or reduce them.

Viewing 0 posts

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Tagged with:
Posted in
Contact Form
Your Fullname:

Email Address:

Phone:

Best Time to Call:

Subject:

Your Message:

Security Code:

Can't read the above security code? Refresh

Warning: Unknown: 1 result set(s) not freed. Use mysql_free_result to free result sets which were requested using mysql_query() in Unknown on line 0