Home Forum Contact Create an Account Sign In Create a Trust

Spanish

This topic contains 32 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of peter@amakya peter@amakya 12 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    peter@amakya

You know being an African, it is very difficult to understand the constant dislike or innuendos for or about people from south of the border, after all I’m from the very deep south. Guys, please we are talking here of quite serious issues. The Spanish and bigitory.

Now let me state my case succinctly.

I happen to believe all communication in the USA should be in English. One language, as two languages will lead to a separation and ultimately a form of them and us attitude.

This is another way of separating the races and was called Apartheid. Having live through that era, avoiding being imprisoned while losing most of my family to exile, I think I???m more qualified than most to talk about this.

So back to Spanish. We have predatory attorneys looking for any chink and here in Texas they (the people) want to have a bi-lingual system. Just make a call to any business and you are offered a Spanish language choice. I???m bilingual, speaking English and Afrikaans. The latter, not much use here I’m afraid

BTW it just so happens I???m a forth generation African, but as luck would have it my mother is Spanish by birth.

peter@amakya

This de-buge feature has me foxed yet again :oops:

peter@amakya

How embarrassing? :cry: :roll:

scott

Peter and I are talking about doing BUSINESS with a large percentage of the population, not politics nor ilegal aliens. :? If your in MI or UT with less than 10% you have nothing to worry about.

dbhenderson

Peter, I’ve talked with you and you speak great American. You became a legal citizen, learned the language and wanted to be an American and learned the culture. Most of these people that only speak spanish (or any other language) and want to do business in America don’t have any desire to learn our language, become a legal citizen or have anything to do with becoming an Amerian or learning our culture.

America became great with people like you, Peter, but you came here for the freedoms, opportunities and the American culture and you wanted to become part of that, so you paid the price. The problem that exists today is that there is no desire to become an American or addapt to our culture. All most of them want is a hand out from those who have paid thr price, You can call me a bigot if you want to, but I personally don’t want to do do business with these kind of parasites. And, I also have the right to do that (I think?)! You also have to freedom to do business with them, but be aware of the risks (which has already been discussed).

unclejim
    Participant

@scott wrote:

Peter and I are talking about doing BUSINESS with a large percentage of the population, not politics nor ilegal aliens. :? If your in MI or UT with less than 10% you have nothing to worry about.

You have the right to do (or not do) business with whom ever you wish.

That’s not the issue.

The issue is the language of the legal system where you want to do business. In America the legal language is English. Either learn English or move to where the language you prefer to use is the legal language.

ericw

Peter, that is fascinating. I didn’t know that about your background. Can’t even imagine it!

The problem with the current influx of immigrants (legal or not) is that they have NO desire to be Americans. Did you watch those ridiculous marches a year or so ago with the Spanish speaking legals and illegals? How many American flags were being flown? NOT ONE but there were literally THOUSANDS of people waving Mexican flags…..why is that? All you have to do is look for interviews, tv clips and reporter stories to learn that they don’t want to be citizens of the United States but they want all the benefits plus to impose their culture onto ours thus dividing the nation so to speak. It takes a lot of ignorance and arrogance to demand the US cater to them but have no desire to do their part to integrate into the US culture.

@scott wrote:

If your in MI or UT with less than 10% you have nothing to worry about.

I’m sorry, I must have missed something. Can you please explain this comment? Thanks.

corkhorner
    Participant

Strap yourself in for this ride, Scott.
    we now have a thread going on racism and bigotry. Which I believe is at the heart of many issues thruout the world.

To me it all equates to the existence of change being the only constant.
    That, all cultures and languages need to communicate effectively.

Yes? No?

cork horner
    15 miles from the world’s busiest border crossing.
    Si?

ericw

@corkhorner wrote:

we now have a thread going on racism and bigotry. Which I believe is at the heart of many issues thruout the world.

Yes? No?

cork horner
    Si?

Actually I see nothing racist about it or any bigotry.

unclejim
    Participant

@EricW wrote:

@corkhorner wrote:

Yes? No?

cork horner
    Si?

Actually I see nothing racist about it or any bigotry.

The issue is: In what language should we “legally” communicate. In America that language is English.

dbhenderson

Cork, If standing up for American values and culture is racist and is bigotry then I must have gone to a different school?? Please explain what is racist and what is bigotry? There is no race involved in this discussion. I am not a bigot when I request you learn the American culture to enjoy the American benefits available to those who want to live here.

I agree with uncle Jim, the legal language in America is English (for a very good reason). What you’re asking me to do is learn Spanish to understand the documents I’m signing in my own country. No way! They all want to bring their culture here and yet enjoys all the benefits of our culture. If we become like them then what happens to what everybody is coming to America for?

scott

THE TOPIC
    @peter@amakya wrote:

How would one go about getting ALL the documentation in Spanish?

Reason. In the lovely state of Texas, it is conceivable that a case can be made that the contract were not signed in the language of the ‘buyer’ and thus the buyer was not correctly informed of his/her rights.

This was the original topic. I am not posting anymore on this thread.

unclejim
    Participant

@scott wrote:

THE TOPIC
    @peter@amakya wrote:
    How would one go about getting ALL the documentation in Spanish?

Reason. In the lovely state of Texas, it is conceivable that a case can be made that the contract were not signed in the language of the ‘buyer’ and thus the buyer was not correctly informed of his/her rights.

This was the original topic. I am not posting anymore on this thread.

That is total nonsense! You ought to be ashamed of yourself for making such a false claim.

Whether or not the buyer is able; or is willing, to read a document in a language other than his own is not a question which falls under the doctrine of individual rights as spelled out in the Bill of Rights; the Constitution for the United States of America or any other common law instrument used anywhere in the entire world.

corkhorner
    Participant

Peter,
    It was not my intent to distract from your post on Spanish and contract law in Texas.

If I did, i apologize to you.

For those who want to explore what is/may be racism or bigotry Google can keep one busy for days and nights. I don’t want to take up space here on that topic .

What I would do, and what i have done in past real estate situations is to get the best lawyers to represent my view and position. That has never failed me.

cork horner
    near the great metropolis of Tijuana/San Diego

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in
Contact Form
Your Fullname:

Email Address:

Phone:

Best Time to Call:

Subject:

Your Message:

Security Code:

Can't read the above security code? Refresh