Home Forum Contact Create an Account Sign In Create a Trust

Spanish

This topic contains 32 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of peter@amakya peter@amakya 12 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    peter@amakya

How would one go about getting ALL the documentation in Spanish?

Reason. In the lovely state of Texas, it is conceivable that a case can be made that the contract were not signed in the language of the ‘buyer’ and thus the buyer was not correctly informed of his/her rights.

joecain

Peter -

I appreciate your input on this topic. Thank you for bringing it up. We are looking into this as a possibility and as yet no real progress has been made.

As always, NARS encourages all parties to read and fully understand all Docs before signing, including having their own legal representation to review.

mtnwizard49

I just translated this Joint Venture Agreement FROM

Joint Venture Agreement?????
    This Joint Venture Agreement (the “Agreement”), made and entered into as of this _______ day??????of ______________, 20_____ by and between ___________________________ and
    ??____________________.?????????1. Business Purpose:??????The business of the Joint Venture shall be to purchase certain real estate located at??????____________________________ in the Country of ______________. State of
    ??__________________ for the purpose of renovation and sale for profit.?????????2. Term of The Agreement:??????This Joint Venture shall commence on the date first above written and shall continue in ??????existence until terminated, liquidated, or dissolved by law or as hereinafter provided.?????????3. Obligations Of The Joint Ventures:??????????????????4. profits And Losses:??????Upon the sale of the property and receipt of all proceeds there from, the parties will be??????reimbursed their actual, out of pocket expenses directed related to the Venture. After all??????expenses, debts and costs related to the Venture and the property, and parties agree to ??????split the Net Proceeds as follows:??????____________________________ shall receive __________%?????????____________________________ shall receive __________%?????????5. Indemnification Of The Joint Ventures:??????The parties to this Agreement shall have no liability to the other for any loss suffered ??????which arises out f any action or inaction if, in good faith, it is determined that such course??????of conduct was in the best interests of the Joint Venture and such course of conduct did not??????constitute negligence or misconduct. The parties to this Agreement shall each be indemnified by??????the other against losses, judgments, liabilities, expenses and amounts paid in the settlement??????of any claims sustained by it in connection with the Joint Venture.
    ???6. Dissolution:??????The Joint Venture shall be dissolved upon the happening of any of the following events:??????(a) The adjudication of bankruptcy, filing of a petition pursuant to a Chapter of the ??????Federal Bankruptcy Act, withdrawal, removal or insolvency of either of the parties.??????(b) The sale or other disposition, not including an exchange of all, or substantially ??????all , of the Joint Venture assets.??????(c) Mutual agreement of the parties.
    ???7. Complete Agreement:??????This Agreement constitutes the full and complete understanding and agreement of the parties??????hereto with respect to the subject matter hereof, and there are no agreement, understanding,??????restrictions or warranties among the parties other than those set forth herein provided for.??????8. Uniform Partnership Act??????Anything not specifically set forth herein shall be governed by the applicable rules of the??????Uniform Partnership Act of the State of __________________________.??????In Witness Whereof, the parties hereto have executed this Agreement as of the day and year first??????above written. Signed, sealed and delivered in the presence of:????????????_____________________________???Joint Venture????????????_____________________________???Joint Venture?????
    ??
    _________________________________________________________________________________________

TO THIS:

Empresa a riesgo compartido Agreement(este acuerdo de empresa a riesgo compartido (el “acuerdo”), hecho e incorporado en en fecha este _____ del day((of ______________, 20 del _______ por y entre el ___________________________ y el negocio del negocio Purpose:((The del (((1. del ____________________ empresa a riesgo compartido ser?? comprar cierto ____________________________ localizado del at((de las propiedades inmobiliarias en el pa??s del estado de ______________. del __________________ con el fin de la renovaci??n y de la venta para profit.(((2. El t??rmino empresa a riesgo compartido de Agreement:((This comenzar?? la fecha primero sobre escrito y continuar?? adentro ((existencia hasta terminado, liquidado, o haber disuelto por la ley o como m??s abajo provided.(((3. Las obligaciones de los beneficios del empalme Ventures:((((((4. y del Losses:((Upon la venta de la caracter??stica y el recibo de todas procede all?? de, los partidos quieren be((reimbursed su real, fuera de los costos del bolsillo dirigidos relacionados con la empresa. Despu??s de all((expenses, las deudas y los costes relacionados con la empresa y la caracter??stica, y los partidos convienen ((parta los ingresos netos pues el ____________________________ de follows:((recibir?? __________%(((____________________________ recibir?? la indemnizaci??n del __________ %(((5. de las partes del empalme Ventures:((The de este acuerdo no tendr?? ninguna responsabilidad a la otra para cualquier p??rdida sufrida ((que se presente fuera de f cualquier acci??n o inacci??n si, en la buena fe, se determina que tal conducta del course((of estaba en los mejores intereses empresa a riesgo compartido y tal curso de la conducta hizo negligencia o mala conducta del not((constitute. Las partes de este acuerdo cada uno ser??n by((the indemnizado otro contra las p??rdidas, los juicios, las responsabilidades, los costos y las cantidades pagados en el settlement((of cualquier demanda sostenida por ??l en la conexi??n con empresa a riesgo compartido. (empresa a riesgo compartido de 6. Dissolution:((The ser?? disuelta sobre el suceso de cualquiera del siguiente events:(((a) el juicio de la bancarrota, el archivar de una petici??n conforme a un cap??tulo del ((acto de bancarrota, retiro, retiro o insolvencia federal de parties.(((b) de la venta o de la otra disposici??n, no incluyendo un intercambio de todos, o substancialmente ((todo el, acuerdo mutuo de empresa a riesgo compartido assets.(((c) de los partidos. (el acuerdo completo de 7. Agreement:((This constituye la comprensi??n y el acuerdo completos y completos del parties((hereto con respecto al tema de esto, y no hay acuerdo, comprensi??n, ((restrictions o garant??as entre los partidos con excepci??n de ??sos for.((8 adjunto proporcionado dispuesto. La sociedad uniforme Act((Anything dispuesto no espec??ficamente adjunto ser?? gobernada por las reglas aplicables del acto de la sociedad de the((uniforme del estado del testigo del ((In del __________________________ whereof, los partidos a esto han ejecutado este acuerdo en fecha el first((above del d??a y del a??o escrito. Firmado, sellado y entregado en la presencia of:((((_____________________________(Joint Venture((((_____________________________(Joint Venture( _________________________________________________________________________________________

USING THIS: http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr

ericw

lol, I don’t know spanish but you have to be careful with those online translators. Doesn’t always end up with what you want!

areyes

gary do you have a formalize word doc of that JV?

dbhenderson

@peter@amakya wrote:

Reason. In the lovely state of Texas, it is conceivable that a case can be made that the contract were not signed in the language of the ‘buyer’ and thus the buyer was not correctly informed of his/her rights.

Personally, if you can’t speak American I don’t need your business that bad!! If you want to do business in America learn the language!

scott

@dbhenderson wrote:

@peter@amakya wrote:

Personally, if you can’t speak American I don’t need your business that bad!! If you want to do business in America learn the language!

Texas is 25% Hispanic. Out of 6 million people in North Texas, 1 million are from Mexico (not counting other Spanish speaking countries). The further south you go, the higher the “Me no English” ratio gets. The ones that have been here long enough to speak well too often read at grade school levels so they have thier 12 year old daughter read and translate for them.

mtnwizard49

Alvin,

I sent you a copy of the agreement in word doc form.

unclejim
    Participant

@scott wrote:

@dbhenderson wrote:
    @peter@amakya wrote:

Texas is 25% Hispanic. Out of 6 million people in North Texas, 1 million are from Mexico (not counting other Spanish speaking countries). The further south you go, the higher the “Me no English” ratio gets. The ones that have been here long enough to speak well too often read at grade school levels so they have thier 12 year old daughter read and translate for them.

Can you imagine how well we would fair in a court that is hearing a case based on whether or not the spanish version properly represents english law?

If the house is sitting on American soil it falls under American Law. And American Law is written in english. Tough shit if you only speak Dutch, French, Chinese or any other language.

If you can’t read the contract – don’t sign it!

peter@amakya

Sadly, Uncle Jim, here in Texas the law has been written that the contracts have to be in the language used and that all parties can understand. This applies particularly to ALL real estate transactions. Hey, I know we do Equity Holding Land Trusts, but that will hold no water with an attorney who thinks he/she/it sees a gap.

dbhenderson

You could go to Mexico (which is close) and probably find 99%.

I still wouldn’t do business with anybody that can’t speak or read American! Especially with all these predatory, shark attorney’s swimming all around you. Who needs it?

ericw

@dbhenderson wrote:

You could go to Mexico (which is close) and probably find 99%.

I still wouldn’t do business with anybody that can’t speak or read American! Especially with all these predatory, shark attorney’s swimming all around you. Who needs it?

I am with ya, not even with an interpreter. These “predatory, shark attorneys” will defend everyone from unscrupulous American citizens to illegal aliens to accused terrorists. No way I want to deal with anyone they consider “down on their luck” so they are sniffing over my shoulder waiting for me to make what they consider wrong and illegal. Of course illegal, non-English speaking residents are the poster child right now..just stay away!

unclejim
    Participant

@peter@amakya wrote:

Sadly, Uncle Jim, here in Texas the law has been written that the contracts have to be in the language used and that all parties can understand. This applies particularly to ALL real estate transactions. Hey, I know we do Equity Holding Land Trusts, but that will hold no water with an attorney who thinks he/she/it sees a gap.

You wrote:

“in the language used and that all parties can understand”

And just what language would that be? No such thing exists!

peter@amakya

:lol: Think the main languages, like Ao, Kalimi, Uhrdu, Zulu and even …………….. no, forget it. What they are on about is Spanish mainly, or I HOPE that’s what they mean!!!

unclejim
    Participant

@peter@amakya wrote:

:lol: Think the main languages, like Ao, Kalimi, Uhrdu, Zulu and even …………….. no, forget it. What they are on about is Spanish mainly, or I HOPE that’s what they mean!!!

If you put this in their language then you better be prepared to put it into any other language. They have no special rights.

Its difficult enough to defend oneself in the language which our laws are written. English is very rich in its ability to express complex ideas. Other languages just simply don’t have the ability to express complex ideas.

This is why english is considered to be the “power language.” It’s the language every civilized and advancing culture and nation of the entire world is using to communiate with one another.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in
Contact Form
Your Fullname:

Email Address:

Phone:

Best Time to Call:

Subject:

Your Message:

Security Code:

Can't read the above security code? Refresh