Home Forum Contact Create an Account Sign In Create a Trust

RE gets to know what?

This topic contains 19 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Administrator Administrator 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 0 posts
  • Author
    unclejim
    Participant

I talked with a RE agent to day. He asked me enough questions to make me uneasy with respect to what his actual intentions are.

Its possible to teach RE agents enough to allow them to think they can do a “work around” and begin to do these trusts without needing my involvment.

It is; of course, their right to do that. But; how can I “encourage” them to work with me.

scott_l._moyes
    Participant

Pay’em

areyes

the magic word commission
    try at least saying commission 10 times in your conversation. and just watch their facial expression change. its priceless.

ive got about 9 agents within 2 weeks to work with me. it works. just keep talking to them.

unclejim
    Participant

@scott_l._moyes wrote:

Pay’em

Your not concerned with whether they are trying to learn how to do this and then leave you in their dust! Why not?

bill_gatten
    Participant

You can educate them on what you’re doing, but they won’t have the skill or the documents to do anything. And if they try to end-around you with us, they’re dead in the water.

Bill

dbhenderson

By the time they have picked your brain enough to understand and do the NARS NEHT they still will want to partner with you (commission) because by then they will know the hard work involved and most RE agents don’t like hard work, especially if they can get someone else to do it.

If they’re that smart, why not become a network member and do their own deals? My NEHT deals make a lot more money than a RE commission would.

unclejim
    Participant

@bill_gatten wrote:

You can educate them on what you’re doing, but they won’t have the skill or the documents to do anything. And if they try to end-around you with us, they’re dead in the water.

Bill

Are you saying that if I tell you who I’m working with that you can detect their attempt to end-run me and you could prevent their doing dirty-doings?

I’m not sure I could or would support that. This is a free country. When they see “PACTrust” or “NARS” on the documents I submit to their clients they can do a search and find you and your products. That’s how I did it!

Perhaps the issue boils down to how fast thew learn this business from me. And I ought to be able to control that.

Do you agree or have other advise on this issue?

unclejim
    Participant

@dbhenderson wrote:

By the time they have picked your brain enough to understand and do the NARS NEHT they still will want to partner with you (commission) because by then they will know the hard work involved and most RE agents don’t like hard work, especially if they can get someone else to do it.

If they’re that smart, why not become a network member and do their own deals? My NEHT deals make a lot more money than a RE commission would.

Exactly my point.

Perhaps its not as nasty an idea as I make it out to be.

dbhenderson

Ya but (don’t you just hate that expression?). While they were picking your brain you could have done several deals with them and averaged $40k a deal while paying them their charished commission (that’s better than splitting the profits of the deal 50/50, which I am willing to do with anyone I mentor/partner up with.

scott_l._moyes
    Participant

So what if they do and end run, who cares? Those are not the kind of Agents or People you would want to do business with anyway. I can guarantee you that unless they go to a full 2.5 day workshop, hang and do deals with you for a few months, they will not be able to “do deals” without you.

Here’s another observation. If you are constantly worrried about someone “going around you”, then that is exactly what you will get.

All you ever need to tell a Realtor is… “I want to buy houses, you got any for sale”? Then just tell them what you’re looking for. You don’t need to make a blasted presentation on Land Trusts to make offers.

This is not a service we sell to Realtors, Lenders or Sellers. This is how WE (you and me) control properties.

Also remember, the reason they are Realtors is that they lack the imagination or drive to do anything else. How the hell hard is it to stick a sign in a yard for crud sakes? When someone doesn’t have what it takes to be a Creative Real Estate Investor, they become a Realtor.

Granted, there are a lot of good Realtors out there. The kind that for their commission almost earn it.

Ya (but), Scott, don’t Realtor’s still have to take a couple into where the stove and refrigerator are and say:

“This is the Kitchen !” ?

:wink:

scott_l._moyes
    Participant

You’re right, I forgot about that one. You know there is a whole class when getting your RE License on how to point and speak at the same time when entering the kitchen.

I saw a Realtor once walk into a kitchen that the appliances had been removed and just stood there not knowing what to do because in his training there was a stove a refridgerator. However, as he walked the prospective buyer out the back door on to the patio he spotted the stove and refridgerator there and with a smile on his face, pointed to the patio and said, “This is the Kitchen”.

ericw

Of course that is all Realtors except, your friend and mine, Alvin ;)

areyes

@EricW wrote:

Of course that is all Realtors except, your friend and mine, Alvin ;)

commissions? whaaaaat?? hehe :wink:

i agree with dave, much more money to make using the EHT system than making a measly commission.

just offer the agents 1% more than what their asking and tell them they dont have to do paperwork.

areyes

@bill_gatten wrote:

Bill

very true. ive asked agents how they would structure their lease option wrap, etc and i make it a point to expose their flaw and liabilities to make them feel the pain. then i show them there’s a better way to do these and i watch them melt in my hands. :wink:

ive noticed most of the agents i talked to are overwhelmed with the information which i hope it discourages them to even try and look for the main resource. i turn this negative into a positive by saying “if you find a property that meets my criteria(zero equity/overencumbered), give me a call and ill pay you a commission. you know how i work and all you need to do is show the property for me. thats it”

Viewing 0 posts

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Tagged with:
Posted in
Contact Form
Your Fullname:

Email Address:

Phone:

Best Time to Call:

Subject:

Your Message:

Security Code:

Can't read the above security code? Refresh

Warning: Unknown: 1 result set(s) not freed. Use mysql_free_result to free result sets which were requested using mysql_query() in Unknown on line 0