Home Forum Contact Create an Account Sign In Create a Trust

Posting woes

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of blackpuma blackpuma 10 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    blackpuma

Having major problems posting the past couple of days.

I see either “there was an error” or something like:

Quote:
    Could not obtain common word list

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1271 Illegal mix of collations for operation ‘ IN ‘

SELECT m.word_id FROM phpbb_search_wordmatch m, phpbb_search_wordlist w WHERE w.word_text IN (‘act’, ‘apply’, ‘back’, ‘came’, ‘clause’, ‘dos’, ‘enables’, ‘garnst’, ‘germain’, ‘gsg’, ‘homes’, ‘ill’, ‘land’, ‘mobile’, ‘options’, ‘original’, ‘placing’, ‘property’, ‘raw’, ‘reread’, ‘sorry’, ‘stands???’, ‘still’, ‘subject’, ‘???and’) AND m.word_id = w.word_id GROUP BY m.word_id HAVING COUNT(m.word_id) > 11823

Line : 310
    File : functions_search.php

Quote:
    blackpuma

Still having this problem.

Could not obtain common word list

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1271 Illegal mix of collations for operation ‘ IN ‘

SELECT m.word_id FROM phpbb_search_wordmatch m, phpbb_search_wordlist w WHERE w.word_text IN (‘actually’, ‘agent’, ‘anything’, ‘assignment’, ‘available’, ‘based’, ‘basis’, ‘beneficial’, ‘benefit’, ‘bills’, ‘bits’, ‘blow’, ‘board’, ‘boards’, ‘buy’, ‘cancer’, ‘change’, ‘closing’, ‘core’, ‘courses’, ‘creative’, ‘disclaimer’, ‘duff’, ‘escrow’, ‘experience’, ‘experts’, ‘flapping’, ‘flunky’, ‘forked’, ‘friend’, ‘gives’, ‘goes’, ‘great’, ‘grinder’, ‘hang’, ‘hey’, ‘house’, ‘info’, ‘information’, ‘interest’, ‘ive’, ‘jeb’, ‘knowledge’, ‘land’, ‘looks’, ‘losers’, ‘lung’, ‘making’, ‘material’, ‘matter’, ‘mean’, ‘membership’, ‘more’, ‘normal’, ‘one’, ‘own’, ‘owner’, ‘pay’, ‘personal’, ‘place’, ‘places’, ‘placing’, ‘plus’, ‘price’, ‘profit’, ‘property’, ‘prudent’, ‘purchasing’, ‘real’, ‘regular’, ‘remainder’, ‘rest’, ‘search’, ‘seller’, ‘selling’, ‘seminar’, ‘seperate’, ‘seriously’, ‘settlor’, ‘shot’, ‘sims’, ‘sit’, ‘smoke’, ‘sorry’, ‘spend’, ‘steal’, ‘sure’, ‘tens’, ‘thing’, ‘thousands’, ‘title’, ‘trust’, ‘two’, ‘unrelated’, ‘upsell’, ‘us’, ‘valuable’, ‘welcome’, ‘worry’, ‘yap’, ‘???’) AND m.word_id = w.word_id GROUP BY m.word_id HAVING COUNT(m.word_id) > 11922

Line : 310
    File : functions_search.php

blackpuma

OK, I think I have some additional informaiton.

I seem to get this error whenever I have a non-ASCII (Unicode) character in my text. (I’m using a Mac which gives easy access to stuff like that.)

For example, if I hit ALT+; to insert an ellipsis instead of three periods (…).

I suspect that the board software is not configured to handle the extra characters in the Unicode character set.

joecain

Hello James -

(Insert Yoda voice) Correct, you are.

Please accept my apologies for leaving you typing at yourself for a few days.

There may be additional factors at work, but allow me to share a couple with you. Your comment about the keyboard shortcuts may be right on. This Board is generated using a rather simple version of php software and may not support the extra characters.

Additionally, most of the time, this issue comes up when copying text from other programs and then pasting into the field on this Board. Certain characters, like ?, ‘, “, &, @, #, $, %, etc. from other programs do not always translate into the php programming here.

Generally, I simply type into this field directly, but on those occassions when I copy and paste text, I always go back over my post and re-type the offending characters. This almost always solves the problem for me.

blackpuma

Joe,

No problem. Thanks for the reply. As a software engineer, the seeming unpredictability of the problem was driving me nuts.

I’ve run older PHP systems where mbstring was not enabled in the PHP config file due to various reasons. If this system chokes on mbstring, don’t bother fixing it. It’s an annoyance that can be lived with. My mommy told me I’m a big boy now, so I can deal with it. :D

I just need to temper my habits of inserting typographically correct symbols like … and —. ;)

Hopefully these posts might be useful to people in the future.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in
Contact Form
Your Fullname:

Email Address:

Phone:

Best Time to Call:

Subject:

Your Message:

Security Code:

Can't read the above security code? Refresh