Home Forum Contact Create an Account Sign In Create a Trust

Option vs. Land Trust

This topic contains 67 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of homesavers NULL 13 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    neftalipazo

Delete!

getsmart

This is an email i received from Neftali. I have a new found respect for Neftali, and appreciate the email. I never meant to upset anyone, i just wanted to get a point across.

I am glad you didn’t take offense to what i said, because i wasn’t referring to you, but it didn’t come across like i meant. So i apologize as well.

This community here might be alright if we can get the wiz to agree with me. :wink:

GetSmart,

I have tried to post, to no avail, a reply to the forum retracting from the words in the last post. Here is what I???m trying to post:

GetSmart and all NARS members and Guests of this forum.

My gods are doing their magic.

GetSmart, I want to retract from my last post. You are, as well as any other NARS member or guest, more than welcome to respond to anything that I post in this forum. I guess that the word fairy got a little bit under my skin and this is not what this community and forum is about and because of that I apologize.

To everyone else, my apologies as well.

Thanks.

If you are able to do a post to that thread, you are more than welcome to post this email.

Again my apologies and best of luck to you.

Neftali Pazo-Soto, President

Panorama Capital Corporation

1-866-546-1591 Toll Free

1-866-546-1591 Fax – Toll Free

scott_l._moyes
    Participant

@homesavers wrote:

Sounds like a game of chance. I like solving problems and a lot of people have Real Estate problems right now. We should be the ones with the solutions.

I like help other too and solving problems, but the one thing you don’t wan to do is make other peoples problems, your problems. All you can do is make an offer. If they can’t see it or aren’t motivated enough yet, don’t waste your time on them.

Remember the forth step to success is… Stay Unassociated With the End Result. You can’t force someone to accept your offer. The most I ever do is MAYBE call them back and set up a Q&A session to clairify my offer, thats it.

@homesavers wrote:

Sending out hundreds of offers is one way of doing that.

Its not just one way, it is the way. Even if you are making offers to those who are referred to you by Professionals, it is still a numbers game.

@homesavers wrote:

However, I do think there is a better, smarter way than trying to rely on “luck”. I don’t like “numbers” games.

Luck has nothing to do with it and like it or not, this is a numbers game. Sure there are a lot of homeowners hurting right now. But if you’ve been in this business as long as I have you would know that 99% of the are all in denial, and I don’t mean the deriver.

You still have to make offers. So what if you make a hundred offer per month. It is what it is. You are never going to make just 4 or 5 calls and them all going gaga over what your offer. The facts is the facts man and the numbers is the numbers.

BTW, luck is spelled W.O.R.K.. The more you WORK, the Luckier you get.

@homesavers wrote:

Something does not seem to jive. Why does it take many, many offers and proposals? If someone raises their hand and says “help me I cannot sell my house” that should be enough. If not why?

The numbers do jive and people just don’t come running with their hands in the air screaming “help me”! Why? Because they will go to their death bed in denial. Pride, simple Pride.

When was the last time you went to the Mr. Bill Show or reviewed the material in the Success Pack? Do you recall the words, “You Gotta Hurt’em Before You Can Help’em”? Truer words have never been spoken.

Yep, you’ll have a couple of “lay downs” over the years, but that comes from pure “numbers”. True, not everyone has to been in total pain before they will accept your offer. The only way to “weed them out” is to make lots of offers.

Here’s the thing about “Offers”. Do you just send one to anyone selling a house with an email address? Hell NO. When you make your calls, you need to qualify them as much as they need to qualify you. Ask lots of questions, identify any and all of their pain. Hell, create some pain for them but don’t send an offer out to someone who will waste your time.

Either they are willing to stay on the loan and leave all or part of their equity in place or they aren’t. If they tell you no, and most will, hang up and call another. If they say “Yes”, ask lots of qualifying questions and send them an offer. Don’t just send an offer to anyone or everyone.

If you are not willing to “play the numbers”, then perhaps it is you that doesn’t have enough pain. In other words, you don’t really want it bad enough.

One last thing. I had a guy tell me one time that he would give his left arm to be as good as me. I told him he was a liar since he still had both his arms. Do you need to cut off your left arm? Hell No. But, you do need to cut off the things that are keeping you from succeeding and only you know what those are.

jonrobinson
    homesavers wrote:
    I was wondering if you could combine the methods. Use EHT for long term hold and Option Contract for short sale flips and not have to explain the Land Trust to anyone.

Gary I know you gave a great response to this question earlier. but perhaps you have a different answer to this…..Gary I understand your concerns about certain words being construed to what they are commonly used for. And I also understand that the Settlor must remain in the trust for the duration of the trust. But forgoing dreaded the word ???option??? Lets say you have a Resident Beneficiary(Rehabber) who entered into a personal property beneficial interest of a land trust with the MAV equaling an estimated ARV and one of the benefits to this beneficiary interest of is that he has an contract or agreement for repairs( to keep his crew busy) as well as the normal expected obligations to maintenance, taxes, benefits of occupancy and future appreciation if any. And now just happens to receive an acceptable proposal to his beneficiary interest from an outside Investor that is the same or lesser than his estimated value at the begining. So far future appreciation has not been realized only the benefit of keeping his crew busy and occupancy, could not that outside investor then sell his accepted proposal to an end Resident beneficiary. Thanks Jon
    jonrobinson

Gary I understand your concerns about certain words being construed to what they are commonly used for. And I also understand that the Settlor must remain in the trust for the duration of the trust. But forgoing dreaded the word ???option??? Lets say you have a Resident Beneficiary(Rehabber) who entered into a personal property beneficial interest of a land trust with the MAV equaling an estimated ARV and one of the benefits to this beneficiary interest of is that he has an contract or agreement for repairs( to keep his crew busy) as well as the normal expected obligations to maintenance, taxes, benefits of occupancy and future appreciation if any. And now just happens to receive an acceptable proposal to his beneficiary interest from an outside Investor that is the same or lesser than his estimated value at the begining. So far future appreciation has not been realized only the benefit of keeping his crew busy and occupancy, could not that outside Investor then sell his Accepted Proposal to an End Resident beneficiary?

jonrobinson

Gary, Thanks for the reply I understand your concerns about what certain words are commonly associated with, and I understand that the Settlor must remain in the trust for the duration of the trust. But forgoeing the dreaded word “option”, Lets say you have a RB(rehabber) who entered into a personal property beneficial land trust with a MAV equaling an estimated ARV and one of the benefits to this Beneficial Interest is a contract for repairs (to keep his crew busy) as well as the normal obligations of maintenance, taxes etc. and occupancy, future appreciation if any. And now just happens to recieve an acceptable Proposal for his benificial interest from an outside investor that is the same or lessor than his % of MAV at the beginning. So far future appreciation has not been realized only the benefit of keeping his crew busy and occupancy. Could not that outside investor then sell his Accepted Proposal to an End Resident Beneficiary?…. Jon

jerry carey

Jon asked:

And now just happens to recieve an acceptable Proposal for his benificial interest from an outside investor that is the same or lessor than his % of MAV at the beginning. … Could not that outside investor then sell his Accepted Proposal to an End Resident Beneficiary?

In my opinion Yes and NO! You are really asking if the “rehabber” RB can sell his Beneficial Interest in the Trust to an Investor. This can be done (sold) only with the mutual agreement and consent of ALL of the other Co-Benenficiaries of the trust.

If all of the Co-Beneficiaries agreed … o.k.! If you want to change the Beneficiary Agreement … % of Beneficial Interest, MAV, etc. … the existing Trust would need to be terminated and funds disbursed … and a new Trust set-up … using the new figures mutually agreed to at that time.

Jerry Carey

scott_l._moyes
    Participant

Dear Members, I have followed this thread and don’t understand why some of you are giving GetSmart such a hard time. He has asked some great questions and given you all an opportunity to test your knowledge and skills as a Narsonian. If this is the way you respond to Sellers, Buyers, Realtors and the like, no wonder your not doing any deals.

Now, regarding this issue with Flips and Rehabbers. I have posted many examples of EXACTLY how to make this all work with the EHTrust. Perhaps someone will search the archives and post a link to some of them. If I don’t see a link or two in the next day or so I’ll clean this all up for you and show you how its done.

In the meantime CHILL!

jerry carey

Scott:
    Here’s the link:

http://site.landtrust.net/board/viewtopic.php?t=3744

Jerry Carey

jonrobinson

[

I have followed this thread and don’t understand why some of you are giving GetSmart such a hard time. He has asked some great questions and given you all an opportunity to test your knowledge and skills as a Narsonian. ?????

Hey Scott, Though I stepped on this thread because I thought there was a valid question that Homesavers asked, I am a Netwok Member from California but not cloaking as getsmart. Thank you… Jon Robinson

getsmart

@JonRobinson wrote:

[
    I have followed this thread and don’t understand why some of you are giving GetSmart such a hard time. He has asked some great questions and given you all an opportunity to test your knowledge and skills as a Narsonian. ?????

Hey Scott, Though I stepped on this thread because I thought there was a valid question that Homesavers asked, I hope that I am not confused with him I am a Netwok Member from California but not getsmart. Jon Robinson

what does this mean?

mtnwizard49

Scott,

If you don’t think he deserved the “hard time”, you must have skimmed the thread. It was well earned. He asked some good questions and made some catty remarks and was responded to in kind by several members. Keep doing your deals — everything is under control.

jonrobinson

[Edited comment was not necessary

neftalipazo

Deleted!

scott_l._moyes
    Participant

@mtnwizard49 wrote:

you must have skimmed the thread. It was well earned.

Perhaps I did “skim” through the thread and maybe he did deserve a little slap upside the head, but now you have an opportunity to help him and others “see the light”.

@NeftaliPazo wrote:

Like Scott said, there is only one correct way to do it or something like that… I guess he meant with the EHT!!!

I didn’t exactly say there is only one “correct” way. I said there is a Wrong Way, a Right Way and an EXACTLY RIGHT WAY”. And, to this day not one Guru, Investor, Broker, Attorney or anyone has been able to show or prove to me their is a better or more correct way, not one.

Bill of course is much more diplomatic and is aways saying there are other ways to do Creative Real Estate. Well of course there are, but I’ve never found that I or anyone else needs anything else but the EHTrust.

There’s not one Creative Real Estate Transaction type that we can’t mimic or replace with the EHTrust.

This thing (EHTrust) is so damn simple its scary. I mean all you have to do is get the property in trust, assign beneficiary interest to other parties and decide on who gets what and your done. All thats needed to mimic any form of Real Estate Transaction is to decide on the percentages and amounts assigned each party and close the deal. Thats it! How much simplier can you get?

Using the EHTrust all but eliminates any and all of the downsides of a traditional or creative real estate transaction. And the best thing is that it is all straight forward, easy, quick, cheap and TOTALLY LEGAL!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 69 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in
Contact Form
Your Fullname:

Email Address:

Phone:

Best Time to Call:

Subject:

Your Message:

Security Code:

Can't read the above security code? Refresh