Home Forum Contact Create an Account Sign In Create a Trust

No commitment

This topic contains 10 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of homesavers NULL 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    NULL

After talking to several homeowners I am finding that I am consistently not getting a commitment from them. If I do not figure out what is causing this I am going to be out of business real soon. I believe I am doing everything according to the system but no one is signing. Any ideas on how to get sellers to make a decision and sign the Option? This can also go for Buyers but that is a different dynamic since they need to like the property you have under Option.

dbhenderson

Try ignoring all the double declining step over lip locks in the NEO and simply tell them you need this NEO signed so you can help them market their property without a RE license.

DavidB

corkhorner_2

I would definitely NOT suggest ever saying such a thing. Anytime the courts would see you marketing a property under ANY guise as a non-licensed individual you could end up in the slammer ($10,000 fine and 6 months in jail).

Just KISS. And, ‘if they ain’t ready, so what.

A friend and leading hard money lender Ed Garcia says: 1] the deal ya write may not close the way it started 2] Some deals need to season.

The best advice, if the NEO isn’t working is just don’t use it. Make sure you want the property and take it…without hedging. You can use any Option form, it doesn’t have to be the NEO. The NEO was merely created to allow you a justification for not paying an option fee.

c h

NULL

@dbhenderson wrote:

Try ignoring all the double declining step over lip locks in the NEO and simply tell them you need this NEO signed so you can help them market their property without a RE license.

DavidB

You are saying this is like getting them to sign a “listing agreement”? Makes sense. Outside of California this pitch will work for me.

Thank you David and Cork.

@homesavers wrote:

Outside of California this pitch will work for me.

It won’t work for you outside or in California.

1. It will work regardless of where you are.
    2. It will only work if you use it… correctly.
    3. Remember, nothing seems to work for you.

NULL

@Scott_L._Moyes wrote:

@homesavers wrote:
    Outside of California this pitch will work for me.

It won’t work for you outside or in California.

1. It will work regardless of where you are.
    2. It will only work if you use it… correctly.
    3. Remember, nothing seems to work for you.

What does this mean? These are the experiences I am having. I am not making these things up to be a negative influence here.
    As for point 3 don’t you think that goes for 98 percent of NARS members out there? This is a direct hit. I do not appreciate it. This is difficult stuff because the homeowners are emotional people. Pardon me while I am learning this. There are so many people out there trying to leverage me I get distracted from what the real needs are.
    I still love ya Scott.

scott

Don’t sell to them. Buy from them. Mindset makes all the difference.

SB: I want to sell you my house.
    Homesavers: I want to sell you a NEO
    SB: :?

or

scott: Here’s how I’ll buy it.
    SB: :D

See the difference?

Kevin Scott

After talking to several homeowners…

Behind the scenes in a real estate office, we would say:
    BE HONEST, and actually TRACK and REPORT to yourself your ACTUAL numbers.

Here’s how to do it:

1. Use paper, spiral notebook, anything you want
    2. Since it’s now April, use 30 Sheets numbered 1-30
    3. Put ZERO’s on dates that already passed
    4. Actually COUNT and WRITE DOWN the exact number of calls, mail-outs, emails, ads, etc. the actual number of INITIAL out-going attempts to reached out to a homeowner or landlord. To be BRUTALLY honest, write the EXACT TIME you did it, one by one. 10:23am, 10:27am, 1:22pm etc.

5. COUNT & WRITE the actual number of CONVERSATIONS you had with an owner, whether it was a phone conversation, e-mail conversation, whatever. Write the exact time.

6. COUNT & WRITE the actual number of OFFERS you mailed out whether e-mail, snail-mail, hand delivered, courrier delivered, carrier pigeon delivered, whatever. Write the exact time delivered.

7. COUNT & WRITE the acutal number of RESPONSES TO PREVIOUS OFFERS you actually recieved that day. If ZERO, write ZERO. Count the response no matter WHAT the response is, everythng from HELL YES!, to HELL NO!, to MAYBE, to HUH?. Write the exact time the response was delivered to your eyeballs.

8. COUNT & WRITE the actual number of YOUR RESPONSES to the response. Whatever your response was, even if you IGNORED the response. Write the exact time you made your response.

9. COUNT & WRITE the number of NEO’s gotten, number of signs you put up, number of RB’s you spoke with, etc.

10. The whole point my friends, is to TRACK your ACTUAL numbers.

Why track? Because when we say we’ve talked to SEVERAL, or MANY, or TONS of sellers…well… that’s mainly an EMOTIONAL response that merely ADDS to one’s frustration. (Sigh, I’ve talked to sooooooooooooo many…). Now, I’m only taking advantage of the fact that a poster SAID this, it doesn’t matter WHO said it, because truth is, it’s a very common sentiment.

Have you ever been to a Bill Gatten event, and watched/participated in the 52 Card Counting Experiment?
    1. Shuffle a deck of cards;

2. Stack it up where you cannot see the face;

3. Start counting the cards aloud, one-by-one, turning each over to SEE it. “Ace-two-three-4-5-6-7-8-9-Jack-Queen-King-Ace-2-3-4-5 etc.”

4. Invaribly, your Countng Aloud will MATCH the Card you just turned over! On average, you’ll get anywhere from 3 – 8 matches out of 52.

5. Sometimes MORE. Sometimes LESS. Almost never ZERO. And if you ever get ZERO, reshuffle, and immediate try again, because you’ll NEVER get ZERO twice in a row.

6. You’ll also notice that sometimes you ALOUD NUMBER is only one off from the card. One away, yet NO EXACT MATCH. Close, but no match.
    Some sellers are like that. Close, but no match to what you and I are looking for.

7. Bottom line, track your numbers. During the process of tracking, you will be enriched in many surprising ways.

FOR AN ADVANCED TECHNIQUE TO HELP YOU GET BETTER FASTER…
    1. Actually tape record your phone conversations, then listen to the conversation later for your own training purposes.

2. Don’t bother telling me how illegal or invasive that is. I know. And I do it anyway. I also speed on the freeway when I’m in a hurry. If that’s not you, don’t do it. I also ignore DO NOT CALL warinings, and simply hang-up when people on the other end complain. Sometimes I hang up with apology. Usually, I just hang up without a word.

Now, as usual, let me PRINT OUT my post and take my own medicine.
    Good Luck, everybody!
    (Oh yeah, I almost forgot… Make a GOAL for yourself, and track your numbers to see if you’re reaching yur GOAL. When you do, INCREASE your goal. When you don’t reach goal, ask yourself what got in your way… then get back on your horse and try again!)

NULL

My numbers are not that high. I appreciate your advice here, Kevin and Kevin. It is hard to realize that when you speak to people and you honestly have a solution for them they do not take it. To me it is like this, say you are traveling through the desert and you are very thirsty. Your water is depleted. One person after another comes by and offers you a way to get water. One says, there is water over the next hill and I can help you find the way but you will have to follow me for 6 Months. Then another person comes and offers some other way with a similar process. Then we come along and say, Here is a jug of water. The thirsty person says nothing and does not take your water. You ride along scratching your head and think, didn’t I just offer a thirsty person some water and they did not take it. After a few of them you start thinking there is something wrong with the water I am trying to give them. Maybe they think it is poisoned.
    I am going to keep changing my approach until I get it. I believe there is a market for this.

NULL

@scott wrote:

Don’t sell to them. Buy from them. Mindset makes all the difference.

Homesavers: I want to sell you a NEO
    SB: :?

or

scott: Here’s how I’ll buy it.
    SB: :D

See the difference?

Thanks Scott of Texas great simple advice.

bill_gatten
    Participant

The way to get people to sign on the dotted line is to sit in front of them when instructing them to do so. When you send your offer by Email or fax or regular mail…they have all the time in the world to procrastinate…just like you’re doing by not meeting them in person.

I know, I know…I’ve always suggested emailing the proposal…but if you want to improve your results 10-fold…go see them in person and make it a REAL, HONEST TO GOODNESS transaction.

Before you go to meet them, make sure they will be ready to sign if everything you told them turns out to be the way your presented it. How do you do that? Just ask the question before you go.

Also make sure that all signers are present, and if any money is to come your way, make sure they’ve said in no uncertain terms that they’ll have their checkbook on hand when you arrive. How do you make that happen? Just tell them to do so.

If none of your requirements can be met…don’t go. Tell them to re-set the appointment when all of these requirements can be made to happen.

If they say they want their attorney to look over everything first, then ask them when you and their attorney (and they) can meet. If they don’t want you in on the meeting (a meeting which they generally don’t intend on having…just a stalling device), then tell them you’ll meet them the next evening after they’ve spoken with their attorney (if they’re serious about meeting with their attorney, they’ll either schedule for the next day, and keep their meeting with you, or they’ll call you with another date).

And…whatever you do…keep bugging them (no more than once a day) until they either do what you want or they tell your to take a flying leap at something you wouldn’t ordinarily consider taking a flying leap at).

Bill

NULL

@bill_gatten wrote:

The way to get people to sign on the dotted line is to sit in front of them when instructing them to do so.

And…whatever you do…keep bugging them (no more than once a day) until they either do what you want or they tell your to take a flying leap at something you wouldn’t ordinarily consider taking a flying leap at).

Bill

I agree. In terms of meeting the seller face to face at their property and closing the deal “belly to belly” as the salesmen type say. However, if I put a push pin into a map where I am and draw a circle 30 minutes wide in all directions I will make a target with following properties I can throw a dart at: Over-encumbered Short Sale candidates, REO’s and bad loans. I have a team in place to handle these as they come in.
    Eventually, I will increase my sphere when I have the ability to market for higher numbers like Scott Moyes.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in
Contact Form
Your Fullname:

Email Address:

Phone:

Best Time to Call:

Subject:

Your Message:

Security Code:

Can't read the above security code? Refresh