Home Forum Contact Create an Account Sign In Create a Trust

New network member needs a little direction on first deal

Home Forums Documentation Assistance Documentation Assistance and Advice New network member needs a little direction on first deal

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of kevin b kevin b 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 0 posts
  • Author
    kevin b

Hello all. I am a new member to the network and am working on my first deal. Last night Brett was kind enough to conference call the seller with me and asked some questions but most of the questions he asked were ones that I had already asked and gotten answers for and the few that I hadn’t already asked I certainly could have. There was no negotiating or any hint of how we’re going to structure this deal. At the end of the call he told the seller that I would be sending her a proposal today. Then he hung up and that was it.

I’ve not done this type of deal before and am a little lost over how to proceed from here. I have filled out as much of the proposal template as I could but there are still things to be filled out that make the proposal look incomplete. I do not know if I should be sending it to the seller this way or go back and ask even more questions. We never really negotiated or agreed on anything yet the template wants to know what the MAV is, how much the seller is retaining, will there be any up front monies, etc. I know that I should be advertising for an RB right now but I don’t even know the details of the property yet.

What do I do? I was hoping to at least get a little advice on how or what I should be negotiating and some direction on the next steps to take. Instead all I got was a 10 minute conference call and didn’t really learn anything new or important from the seller that I didn’t already know. I must say that I’m a bit frustrated and disappointed that I gave money to be a part of this network. I have been listening to the audio CDs and just begun reading the materials so I can only hope that somewhere in there will be the answers I’m looking for. If that’s true, though, I could have spent far less money for the same end result.

bill_gatten
    Participant

All the information you need is right here.

You can call Joe Cain in our office; Steve Perez, Mark Jones, Gail or myself anytime your want. We are all here to help you.

I’m a bit taken aback at your mention of being sorry you spent the money for your membership… We have never let anyone down and don’t intend to. I know that if you’d asked a little more clearly for what you truly needed, Bret would either have given you everything necessary or referred you to me or another member of our staff.

When Bret said just send the proposal, I’m sure he felt — as I would — that you would merely open the form, fill in the blanks and send it to your prospect (it doesn’t have to be complete for the first run though…you can get the rest of the information later). And as far as negotiating for you, we can’t do that/ We can give you our ideas privately, but we can’t negotiate for you with YOUR client on the phone.

Bill

PS. I’ll e-mail you on this as well.

mtnwizard49

Bill is always so polite and the ultimate gentleman. If I had answered you I would ask, “Do you always open the box and plug whatever it is in, BEFORE you even read the directions?”

You haven’t even begun to read the materials and you’re out making offers before you know what the hell you are doing. It makes the rest of us look like fools.

First: Read the materials and become familiar with the forms you will need and the terminology you will need to use.

Then when you feel comfortable in your knowledge of what it is you are actually offering the seller, feel free to make offers. You may want to ask one of the members here to guide you through a transaction and share the profits.

Right now, you’re driving without a license and blaming everyone but yourself.

joecain

@mtnwizard49 wrote:

Bill is always so polite and the ultimate gentleman.

Hi Kevin -

He is not always the ultimate gentleman, but is quite correct. Please do not hesitate to call in to the NARS Office after the weekend and Steve Perez will be glad to assist you in any way that he can. Actually, we all will.

kevin b

Thank you to the both of you for your replies. It is nice to know that the big man is even active on this forum.

mtnwizard49, I disagree with your quick assessment of me. I am never the type to plug things in or start building BEFORE reading the directions. I did not start out making offers before knowing what the hell I am doing and trying to make you look like a fool. I haven’t made any offers yet. I only did as I was instructed to do. I made calls. I read some. I listened to some audio. I found a motivated seller. I scheduled an appointment with Brett, read some more and listened to more audio all as I was instructed to and it was Brett who committed me to sending her a proposal the following day.

And it was Bill himself that said we should be out making 52 phone calls, which is what I did. All I’m asking for is a little direction, not for someone to take my hand and do all the work for me while I get rich on their time. I’m willing to work. I’m willing to read and learn. If my direction is to read all materials and listen to all audio before making phone calls then that is what I’ll do.

I would be very happy to have a network member help on this deal and share in the profits. I realize now that I didn’t explicitly ask for a partner to share in the profits with my original post but I was asking for help in guiding me through the transaction. I didn’t mean for it to come out exactly that way but, again, just give me a little direction. If I need to post in a specific forum that says “Hey somebody! Help me with a transaction and share in the profits” then that’s what I’ll do. You just tell me how it works around here please.

I apologize if my original post was rude. I didn’t mean to get off on the wrong foot and piss people off but I was frustrated and very overwhelmed. I spoke with Lori yesterday and have since learned that there is an issue with my Hotmail account not getting emails from the company and the website (and no it’s not my junk mail filter, which is turned off). Perhaps there were some email instructions that were supposed to go out that I never got. Maybe then I would have had the direction I needed and would not have had the same frustrations. I don’t know. Bill said in his reply that he would send me an email but I haven’t received that either.

I truly believe in this system. I think it is genius and Bill is a genius for putting it all together. But it is complicated and without coaching in the beginning to get started one may never figure it all out.

Please have patience and try not to get short with me. I have been studying and working my a$$ off for the past four months and maybe I’m just getting tired and grumpy. I am going to try to take a little break and get my head together and calm down some but in the meantime I still have a seller that is waiting on my reply. I’d appreciate any help from anyone going further on this.

joecain

Yup. Keep making calls. Keep sending out offers. And keep reading and studying. Even use the Search function on this Board to get info. Do all of it.

NARS will be here, waiting to support you as you move forward.

Viewing 0 posts

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Tagged with:
Posted in
Contact Form
Your Fullname:

Email Address:

Phone:

Best Time to Call:

Subject:

Your Message:

Security Code:

Can't read the above security code? Refresh

Warning: Unknown: 1 result set(s) not freed. Use mysql_free_result to free result sets which were requested using mysql_query() in Unknown on line 0