Home Forum Contact Create an Account Sign In Create a Trust

New Mexico

This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of peter@amakya peter@amakya 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    peter@amakya

Hey Gary, I know you will say this should be in the Deal Section of the board, but it is not often visisted, so it’s here

Have a house available and need a ground partner – send me an email if you live near 306 S. Evergreen, Roswell, NM 88203 and can manage this property.

Peter Michael

mtnwizard49

i live in the area and can manage it:

bill
    Participant

Gary,

You look a lot better without your beard!

Bill

peter@amakya

Hi Gary

Will have the NEO done in the next few days and I do have two Residents already to go. Will drop you a line once I have the paper work done.

peter@amakya

Gary, the Settlor found a cash buyer and sold. Well, not quite yet, the closing is still few weeks off. If it fails we are back in business.

Still it is a happy result as I can now have the settlors buy the house San Antonio out of the trust. They are Resident Beneficiaries. I can make a shilling or two. :D

scott_l._moyes
    Participant

@peter@amakya wrote:

Gary, the Settlor found a cash buyer and sold. Well, not quite yet, the closing is still few weeks off.

So if you had an NEO or Trust in place, why weren’t you the one who flipped it with the trust and made a profit. Why did you let the owner sell it direct?

peter@amakya

Hi Scott

There is an old Zulu saying and it encapsulated in one word “Ubuntu” and it means basically, humanity. This couple have been a Resident Beneficiary to one of the trusts for 24 months here in San Antonio.

To force them to place the house into a trust, then only sell to their cash buyer and make the profit is just not what I would want to do. It’s the Ubuntu issue.

Here is what the Arch said on the subject in a 1999 book:

A person with Ubuntu is open and available to others, affirming of others, does not feel threatened that others are able and good, for he or she has a proper self-assurance that comes from knowing that he or she belongs in a greater whole and is diminished when others are humiliated or diminished, when others are tortured or oppressed.

Archbishop Desmond Tutu (the Arch) further explained Ubuntu in 2008:

One of the sayings in our country is Ubuntu – the essence of being human. Ubuntu speaks particularly about the fact that you can’t exist as a human being in isolation. It speaks about our interconnectedness. You can’t be human all by yourself, and when you have this quality – Ubuntu – you are known for your generosity.

We think of ourselves far too frequently as just individuals, separated from one another, whereas you are connected and what you do affects the whole world. When you do well, it spreads out; it is for the whole of humanity.

Hope that explains it better!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in
Contact Form
Your Fullname:

Email Address:

Phone:

Best Time to Call:

Subject:

Your Message:

Security Code:

Can't read the above security code? Refresh