Home Forum Contact Create an Account Sign In Create a Trust

NEO

This topic contains 22 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of tmr28_2 tmr28_2 15 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 0 posts
  • Author
    tmr28_2

If I’m gonna use a NEO to gain an option on a property that I intend to flip to a mortgage money buyer using a Simple Land Trust, do I need to fill out all the sections on the NEO or are there some sections I am not going to need to use?

scott_l._moyes
    Participant

I use the NEO all the time.

Case in point:

Seller owed $85,000 and would take $90,000. ?My comps came in at $115,000. ?I already had a buyer that was pre-approved for 100% up to $105,000. ?The house was a fit and we did the deal.

In my NEO I agreed to acquire an interest equal to the $15,000 difference.

In fact I will see if I can put a copy of my original NEO in the new ebook since the property did come from a lender.

I had the seller pay for the trust setup of $295. ?He named me a beneficiary with an interest equal to $15,000 and also named me the Trustee. ?WE (as beneficiaries) drafted a letter of direction to the Trustee that instructed guess who to sell the property and distribute the proceeds.

Loan Payoff: ?$85,000
    Seller: ? ? ? ?

bill_gatten
    Participant

C’mon guys, ?let’s be honest here,.

The NEO is basically a gimmick, a trick a ruse, a ding-dong whatzit, a yumboqeek…a form designed ?for you to get some breathing time during which to avoid paying an option fee, and to give you time enough to find someone with cash and/or credit before you have to make a iron-clad purchase decision.

The NEO is no different that any option to purchase, other than that it leaves the property on the market unless you decide it shouldn?t be; and it requires a cancellation notice and avoids an option fee…and gives you a good way to avoid commitment until you know you’re not going to have to bomb the deal and get sued for non-performance when you lack a buyer with the loot you need.

Don’t take the NEO too seriously. ?Its just a little insurance policy. ?If an ordinary option is is accepted without an option fee, then you don?t need the NEO.

Bill

anonymous

Are we talking Matrix NEO or something else?

john_thoma

NEO = Non-Exclusive Option

bill_gatten
    Participant

John,

I keep sending emails to you and they keep coming back whazzz up??

Bill

alfalogic

Hi, Scott

You said:

Quote:

Loan Payoff: ?$85,000
    Seller: ? ? ? ? ??$ ?5,000
    Me/My LLC: ? ?$15,000

All this is done in the regular closing and the Title Company makes out all the checks so I don’t have too. As the Trustee I also made a hundred bucks.

It is very easy when you disclose to the seller how much you are making and he is okay with it. However, I came across number of situations when the seller is not fine with an investor making 15K when he receives only $5k. Would you still use a Land Trust if you do not want to disclose how much you are making? If yes, what would the instructions say?

thanks
    Aleks

scott_l._moyes
    Participant

I never use anything else.

I don’t understand, if you are giving the owner what he wants (full-price), then why is he concerned about how much you’ll make?

It’s all in the negotiation.

I know some Network Members that use a seperate Appendix #1 Purchase Offer Agreement with the owner and another with the RB.

alfalogic

thank you Scott.

Well the short answer to your question is “Greed”.

Here is the deal I am considering:

Townhouse

bill_gatten
    Participant

If you’re going to flip it, just put it in a simple trust, in the seller?s name.

anonymous

Scott,

Thanks for providing examples of transactions.

jimmonty
    Quote:
    If you’re going to flip it, just put it in a simple trust, in the seller?s name. ?Take an assignment of beneficiary in and become the trustee and the beneficiary, get a POA from the seller…and do whatever you want to do. ?The new lender will presume their client is buying the house from your seller and that the deed is being transferred normally (your beneficiary interest is silent). ?Its best to create the trust with the seller having 100% beneficiary interest, then do the assignment afterward…this way, if the lender insist on seeing the trust, they only see the seller?s name on it.

Bill

I know this is great (it is from Bill…) … but I am slow on the uptake and could use a little more explanation.

sserio

Jim,

Not sure if the following will help or not:

SIMPLE ?FLIPS? WITHOUT ?DOUBLE-ESCROW? AND ?AGING? REQUIREMENTS

alfalogic

thank you, Bill and Sal. It is crystal clear except one item
    What is “Purchase Order and Receipt for Deposit”?

Thanks
    Aleks

tmr28_2

When doing this type of a flip, what is the concensus as far as showing the home: After the NEO is signed, do most of you show the home to the buyers you have found or do you have the seller show the home? If you have the seller show the home, how do you keep the seller from circumventing you and working out a deal with your buyer directly?

Viewing 0 posts

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Tagged with:
Posted in
Contact Form
Your Fullname:

Email Address:

Phone:

Best Time to Call:

Subject:

Your Message:

Security Code:

Can't read the above security code? Refresh

Warning: Unknown: 1 result set(s) not freed. Use mysql_free_result to free result sets which were requested using mysql_query() in Unknown on line 0