Home Forum Contact Create an Account Sign In Create a Trust

Nars EHT and short sale flip

Home Forums General EHTrust/EHT Topics and Creative Real Estate Financing Nars EHT and short sale flip

This topic contains 20 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of dwareham dwareham 11 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    NULL

@Scott_L._Moyes wrote:

These bogus articles about the “Death of Land Trusts” are exactly that, BOGUS. What is true, is that the Lenders and Title Companies won’t let them use just any ol’ set of Land Trust documents because they are so poorly written. They are learning that there is ONLY ONE set of Trademarked and Patent Pending Process of Land Trust documentation that is correct and protects them in these type of transaction. ONLY ONE!

This statement will legitimize what we are doing with the Land Trust. If it is patented then it is legal. However, I am not familiar with how you can patent a set of documents. You can copyright and trademark written works/designs that are unique. If the NARS system is patented then I would like to have the patent pending number so I can bring that with me when I speak with Brokers who tell me what I am doing is illegal.
    Scott what number is assigned to the patent?

@homesavers wrote:

This statement will legitimize what we are doing with the Land Trust. If it is patented then it is legal.

This is an excellent point and one I make to Attorneys all the time. You can’t patent something that is illegal.

@homesavers wrote:

However, I am not familiar with how you can patent a set of documents. You can copyright and trademark written works/designs that are unique. If the NARS system is patented then I would like to have the patent pending number so I can bring that with me when I speak with Brokers who tell me what I am doing is illegal. Scott what number is assigned to the patent?

What you can “Patent” is a Process, a Process of Documentation. From my understanding it is the specific way and order in which they are structured that is Patent Pending. I am also not the one to ask about Patent Numbers etc. Remember, I don’t work for NARS nor can I speak for them. I don’t know if you get a temporary number or how it all works.

The offices that

copyright and trademark

and register and approve franchises, etc., etc. are known for their requirement on “works” that they are approving and authorizing, to be LEGAL, also.

Otherwise, slipping these documents through them may be more impressive and harder to believe, than what the NARS docs actually do.

Scott_L._Moyes wrote:

These bogus articles about the “Death of Land Trusts” are exactly that, BOGUS. What is true, is that the Lenders and Title Companies won’t let them use just any ol’ set of Land Trust documents because they are so poorly written. They are learning that there is ONLY ONE set of Trademarked and Patent Pending Process of Land Trust documentation that is correct and protects them in these type of transaction. ONLY ONE!

And, of course, also, in addition to being “Bogus”, these “Land Trusts” that they are talking about using to fund a Short Sale, with other people’s money and pocket the difference are not valid Land Trusts, at all.

They have those words, “Land” & “Trust” on them, but are actually Dead, out of the starting gate and Dry and easily defeated.

Just find a Seller, a Buyer, collect the necessary documentation, complete the REAP Input form and we take it from there. No need for you to negotiate any further or have to deal with nasty Realtors, Attorneys, etc. We do all that for you. We want you to find and close deals while we deal with all the back end nasty stuff for you.

Scott,

Can we get a general outline of what sellers criteria your interested in, besides Short Sales, prior to your “launch” of REAP coming up this month ?

Thanks, Alan

socalgal
    Participant

However, I am not familiar with how you can patent a set of documents. You can copyright and trademark written works/designs that are unique. If the NARS system is patented then I would like to have the patent pending number so I can bring that with me when I speak with Brokers who tell me what I am doing is illegal. Scott what number is assigned to the patent?

What you can “Patent” is a Process, a Process of Documentation. From my understanding it is the specific way and order in which they are structured that is Patent Pending. I am also not the one to ask about Patent Numbers etc. Remember, I don’t work for NARS nor can I speak for them. I don’t know if you get a temporary number or how it all works.

I do know how it works or, at least, my former boyfriend, a patent attorney, knows how it works, so I asked him: “Can a method of structuring a business transaction, guided by documents whose verbiage is uniquely composed to govern that transaction, be patented?” Here’s how he responded to me in an email:

A patent is a set of exclusive rights granted by the United States Patent Office (currently based in Alexandria, VA) to an inventor or his assignee for a fixed period of time–usually 20 years from the filing date–in exchange for full disclosure of how an invention works. The U.S. Patent Office is the depository of patent documents dating back to 1790.

The term patent usually refers to a right granted to anyone who invents or discovers any new and useful physical process, machine, article of manufacture, or composition of matter, or any new and useful improvement thereof. A patent is not a right to practice or use the invention; rather, a patent provides the right to exclude others from making, using, selling, offering for sale, or importing the patented invention for the term of the patent.

Many people apply for a patent–hence the term “patent pending”–but that doesn’t mean a patent will be granted. Most patent applications fail because they don’t, in fact, demonstrate sufficient unique elements of design. Once a patent application has been filed, the patent office will examine the application for compliance with the requirements of the relevant patent law. If the application doesn’t comply, the objections are usually communicated to the applicant or their patent agent or attorney, who can respond to the objections to attempt to overcome them and obtain the grant of the patent.

Processes guided solely by documents are not an invention but the documents may, under certain circumstances, be copyrighted. Therefore, while a patent application may have been filed, a patent most certainly will not be granted for a procedure such as you described.

Perhaps the gentleman meant to say copyright?

It’s probably best not to mention “patent pending” as a selling point because anyone with a modicum of knowledge about how patents work will readily perceive that “patent pending” is simply window dressing. Besides, why gild the lily?

NULL

SoCalGal,
    Keep your relationship with that ex-boyfriend he may be able to help more in the future. I used to write patents some years back. That is why I asked the question originally. There can be no Patent on a set of documents. I am not sure why Scott says the NARS process is “Patent Pending”. SB, RB, IB, Equity Holding Trust, etc can be trademarked and the documents can be copyrighted but that is about it. Anyway if you do have a “Patent Pending” then you will have a number assigned to the inventor. I have seen no such number.

socalgal
    Participant

Google has a cool patent search feature.

http://www.google.com/patents

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in
Contact Form
Your Fullname:

Email Address:

Phone:

Best Time to Call:

Subject:

Your Message:

Security Code:

Can't read the above security code? Refresh