Home Forum Contact Create an Account Sign In Create a Trust

It’s certain: Change Is In The Wind.

Home Forums General EHTrust/EHT Topics and Creative Real Estate Financing It’s certain: Change Is In The Wind.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of corkhorner corkhorner 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    corkhorner
    Participant

Some will say, ‘like what’. Others might say ‘everybody knows that’.

My approach is to glean, as much as possible, what is happening now everyday. To keep delving into what changes are occuring almost daily on a global scale. The world economy has an impact on everybody. Do you agree? Or, not?

ImHo, each of us has a personal responsibility to keep track on our elected representatives to determine what changes are being talked about as tools for change on a national scale which equates to globally.

Sounds simple enough….but I would ask: if each and every one of us had been doing ample due diligence on the activities that led to the Housing Boom the last decade and its downfall/burst what would our lives be like now, today.?

Maybe, during the meteoric rise in the real estate cycle what would have or could have been the results of ‘getting in the flow’. For me, I was busy building and completing a very challenging new house project 02-05 which took 3 years to build, market and sell. Having been focused on that, I lost sight of the forest because of the trees. That means the project took up most of my everyday attention and did not accurately see what was taking place in ‘creative real estate’. [cre] What I DID see was a house project that doubled in appraised value in 3 years almost. That is what saved us to make a profit. Essentially the equivalent of getting paid for our time. In hindsight, I would have accomplished more getting into the ‘stated income/liar loan’ race which was going full throttle—-which—doubled the value of our new home project.

One of many examples of the ‘liar loan race’ occurred in Vegas. One in particular was a woman who bought 9 houses 100% financed and had no ‘job’.

Maybe my biggest problem was still anchored in a belief ‘you can’t do that’, while tens of thousands did’……Drum ROOOLLLLLL: Housing Bubble fast forward to NOW. Now hindsight gets clearer.

I still find it fascinating to ponder where DID all those cash profits go from flipping high priced real estate to even higher priced sales [to those who intended to do the same]. Even today that remains a mystery. Unless you wonder what paid for the 200k motor homes, the cruises, luxury vacations ad nauseum. Then after the crash and even now, many are going “what….who ME?”.

So we have now what is likely the first time in our country’s history the CHANGES underway in the Congress , banks and judicial system attempting to establish a new rational base and formula. In short, start over?

Being a student of ‘change’, I track as many webinars and telecons that I can fit in to determine the finished puzzle.

Results I get……judges taking a whole new look at banks and changing their attitude that if the bank says so it must be true. CHANGE. Another is a whole new restructuring on how Short Sales are conducted being looked at by Congress and ‘the feds’ to create a new policy and formula required to follow. Banking as we knew it is in many ways returning to the old days.

What say YOU?

A common perspective of what happened during the last depression starting around 1929 was that many new millionaires evolved during the meltdown which likely occured in real estate especially…..We’re BACK.

It’s been said when everybody is running North, go South; or an opposite direction. A close friend during the recent ‘pre-bubble[ always reminded me “what’s the worst that can happen and can you live thru it’. well, ummmm, I’m still here looking at What’s Now and What’s Next.

Ok gurus—take it away.

A. Corker
    For Certain
    lIfe is a beach

mtnwizard49

I congratulate you, Cork, for being so hip and adaptable for an old codger. You have already taken a wise step by deciding to include small spendable amounts of gold and silver in your repertoire. This could make a significant difference in the months and years ahead. Being able to see change as it is happening and to adapt on the fly is something most people just don’t seem to be able to do. Good for you.

scott

@corkhorner wrote:

What say YOU?

A common perspective of what happened during the last depression starting around 1929 was that many new millionaires evolved during the meltdown which likely occured in real estate especially…..We’re BACK.

It’s been said when everybody is running North, go South; or an opposite direction. A close friend during the recent ‘pre-bubble[ always reminded me “what’s the worst that can happen and can you live thru it’. well, ummmm, I’m still here looking at What’s Now and What’s Next.

Ok gurus—take it away.

Buy low sell high. 8)
    Now is a good time to scoop up free properties that are not upsidedown that will cashflow with a triple net lease. Everyone is so busy with REO-short sale-foreclosure leads and are looking right past the hundreds of good deals. I am carrying a big bag for low hanging fruit and a small bag for bird peckers. :D

scott

@mtnwizard49 wrote:

You have already taken a wise step by deciding to include small spendable amounts of gold and silver in your repertoire. This could make a significant difference in the months and years ahead.

Silver dimes could come in handy for walking around money. Houses are another great inflation hedge. A house here in Dallas would be around 100 oz of gold with a lease of almost 1 oz of gold a month.

buzzbox
    Participant

Hey Scott, I like those numbers, Dallas seems to have reached Real Estate reality. 100 times the monthly rent allows rentals to work well.
    That’s an old rule of thumb.

Another is that folks will make monthly house payments including reserves of up to 1.5 times monthly market rents. In other words, if folks will pay a monthly rental of $1,000.00 in order to rent, they’ll pay as much as $1,500.00 per month, but not more, to buy and occupy the same property.

Sounds like there’s a huge opportunity in Dallas right now.

mtnwizard49

In my humble opinion, the best type of property to buy in a crash situation is a farm or farm land. Grow your own and sell what you can’t eat. Also, foreign real estate can be a wise investment.

Remember, if the dollar becomes useless it will be important to have your silver or gold in small, denominations. No sense trying to buy a loaf of bread with a 1lb bar unless you plan to open a bakery.

corkhorner
    Participant

small denomination gold? Like what?

$10? What denomination/value do I get as change? US money? what?

Can we carry gold dust and a 45 like the ‘olde days’?

The movie Paint Your Wagon [classic]

A. Corkster
    U-Betcha

corkhorner
    Participant

Hey—land or a farm–I like that. What can ya grow in AZ ?

I ‘growed up’ in farm country—Minnesota ‘where the women are beautiful, all the guys are handsome and all the children intelligent’ Garrison Keillor

My father’s parents had a 40 acre dairy farm from my birth to the 60′s.
    Fun times….we drank the UNPASTEURIZED raw milk right out of the milk house and my dad went to ‘the farm’ to get gasoline during WWII cuz farmers were allocated more fuel. Ya gotta love farming. Most of my cousins in Minn still farm plus their ‘day jobs’. Ya can’t beat basic survival?

c h

scott

@mtnwizard49 wrote:

In my humble opinion, the best type of property to buy in a crash situation is a farm or farm land. Grow your own and sell what you can’t eat.

Maybe I’ll look for houses with half an acre or more that can support a large garden. They will lease out quickly and the RBs will have extra veggies to spare. When a house is vacant plant some food.

Arizona is good for growing prickly pears :lol:

mtnwizard49

Silver is easier to find in small denominations. Silver coins can be found and the face value means nothing — it is the amount of silver in the coin that gives it its value.

Gold is more difficult. There is one international gold mining and financial services company that manufactures gold in four denominations: .5gm, 1gm, 2.5gm, and 5gm. That’s roughly from $30-$300.

Gold coins, however, can be a small problem. A coin containing .5 oz of gold is still worth over $750.

As to the farming, unfortunately Big Pharma is making it virtually illegal to grow your own vegetables, or sell your own milk. They shut down farmers markets in North Carolina, and arrested a woman who sold milk from her own dairy. It’s not the America we grew up in. Far cry.

katsu

mtnwizard49 wrote:

Gold is more difficult. There is one international gold mining and financial services company that manufactures gold in four denominations: .5gm, 1gm, 2.5gm, and 5gm. That’s roughly from $30-$300.

I have opened a savings account with this company. If I need to spend the gold, I will use an international debit card.

In regard to farming, I read about a company using shipping containers to grow vegetables in Atlanta. They said they could produce the same amount as 1 acre of land in the container. Maybe we only need to put a storage shed in our backyard.

Times, they are achanging.

unclejim
    Participant

@katsu wrote:

mtnwizard49 wrote:

I have opened a savings account with this company. If I need to spend the gold, I will use an international debit card.

In regard to farming, I read about a company using shipping containers to grow vegetables in Atlanta. They said they could produce the same amount as 1 acre of land in the container. Maybe we only need to put a storage shed in our backyard.

Times, they are achanging.

Are you saying that 1-container of production = the production of 1-acre of land

or are you saying that the production from 1-acre of containers = the production of 1-acre of land??

scott

@unclejim wrote:

Are you saying that 1-container of production = the production of 1-acre of land

or are you saying that the production from 1-acre of containers = the production of 1-acre of land??

1 acre from 1 shipping container.

http://eatocracy.cnn.com/2011/04/16/podponics/

katsu

Uncle Jim,
    Yes, according to the article. They have multiple crops all year long rather than seasonal.
    Unfortunately, I do not remember the name of the article.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in
Contact Form
Your Fullname:

Email Address:

Phone:

Best Time to Call:

Subject:

Your Message:

Security Code:

Can't read the above security code? Refresh