Home Forum Contact Create an Account Sign In Create a Trust

How/where to write ads

This topic contains 9 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of kevin b kevin b 11 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    kevin b

Last night I tried to submit an ad on Craigslist for RBs and got immediately flagged and removed. I then tried to run a paid ad in the Dallas Greensheet, which is like a Pennysaver for those that don’t know, and they say they will not run an ad that does not provide the address of the property. I don’t have a property to sell yet so I have no address to put but I want to generate a buyer’s list now. I can put a sign in my yard but I live in a suburb on the outskirts of town and, besides, my HOA wouldn’t allow it. I can put up bandit signs but my area is really cracking down on them. It’s a $250 fine per day the signs are up and they will report violations on weekends too. About the only thing they cannot stop are people sitting there actually holding a sign but I don’t have the money to pay someone for that right now.

Any suggestions? I would imagine the classifieds do it to keep people from spamming their classifieds but I’m not trying to spam and I am offering a good service for the readers. I am willing to pay for an ad but can’t seem to find a good service that will let me even do that. I can help people if only they’d let me.

This is the ad I was trying to run (I borrowed much of the wording from one of Scott’s posts):

EASY HOME OWNERSHIP Can’t qualify? Use my credit. I’ll buy the house if you make the payments. No qualifying, no credit required. Only 3-5% plus first month moves you in! Pets? No problem. You can own a home for as little as what you pay in rent! Available 24 hrs. 7 days per week (XXX)XXX-XXXX

rick
    Participant

Kevin,

How about a car magnet

Easy Home Ownership
    3 payments
    Plus CC
    Moves you in

areyes

btw this old website doesnt exist anymore

dbhenderson

I have several Bus Benches in the areas I like to find my sellers in. They cost me $50 a month. They all drive people to my web site. They say this:

LEASE2OWN
    Become a Homeowner!
    As Little as 5% plus 1st month…
    Moves YOU In Today!
    No Qualifying, Waiting for Approvals or Credit Apps!
    http://www.Lease2OwnUtah.com

scott

@Kevin B wrote:

Last night I tried to submit an ad on Craigslist for RBs and got immediately flagged and removed. I then tried to run a paid ad in the Dallas Greensheet, which is like a Pennysaver for those that don’t know, and they say they will not run an ad that does not provide the address of the property. .

I Know a NEO in Frisco you might be able to advertise for. I will call them and see if they will take some extra free advertising and you can take the calls for an RB list.

Post Script: Three of you out there in California say you have RBs. If you won’t email them to me then email them to Kevin. :wink:

mtnwizard49

You might want to try I.D. Plates:

Just click here: http://my-idplates.com

1. Place a Newspaper Ad (major daily),
    2. Place an Ad in PennySaver, ThriftyNickel, Greensheet, County ???Shoppers???, etc.
    3. Place ???Bandit Signs???,
    4. Drive neighborhoods Looking for Vacant Houses,
    ???For Sale by Owners???, For RENT or For LEASE,
    5. Call FSBOs (???For Sale by Owners???) or Landlords,
    6. Search MLS for Junker ( ???Ugly??? Properties ),
    7. Search MLS for Expired Listings,
    8. Contact Landlord who are Evicting a Tenant ( or have ),
    9. Contact Landlords with Properties for Rent,
    10. Contact Pre-foreclosures,
    11. Contact REOs,
    12. Attend Foreclosure Auctions,
    13. Contact HUD/VA houses,
    14. Attend Tax Sales,
    15. Attend Estates Sales,
    16. Contact Properties with outstanding building code violations,
    17. Contact Properties with outstanding health code violations,
    18. Contact Condemned properties,
    19. Contact Fire damaged properties,
    20. Contact Out of area owners,
    21. Network with professionals, i.e.
    attorneys, CPAs, Realtors, Mortgage Brokers,
    22. Network with service people,
    i.e. letter carriers, pool service workers, lawn service workers,
    newspaper delivery person, carpet cleaning workers, plumbers, etc.
    23. Network with Bird Dogs,
    24. Network with Wholesalers,
    25. Use Magnetic car signs,
    26. Distribute business cards..EVERYWHERE,
    27. Wear Career attire
    (Polo shirts with embroidered ???I BUY HOUSES??? logo),
    28. Distribute Flyers,
    29. Distribute Door hangers,
    30. Use Billboards,
    31. Make Radio spots,
    32. Record TV spots,
    33. Put Out Full page ad in the Yellow Pages or others,
    34. Place Internet Ads,
    35. Make Offers via E-Mail,
    36. Prepare and Hand Offers to Realtors,
    37. Ability to Set Up and/ OR Pay for Your Own Web Site(s), to Receive Leads ( to Automate YOUR Business ) ?
    38. Ability to Drop off Material,
    39. Ability to Set Appointment,
    40. Ability to Get Phone Number,
    41. Ability to Take Pictures,
    42. Ability to Have forms filled out,
    43. Ability to Have homeowner call us,
    44. Ability to Learn to Speak with Banks,
    45. Ability to Search Internet and Contact Sellers via E-Mail or Phone,
    46. Ability to Use Fax and Over-Night Mail,
    47. AND Please,
    Explain Any Other Abilities You Are Able to ???Bring to the Table.???

peter@amakya

David, what sort of response are you getting with your Bus Stop signs?

@Kevin B wrote:

Last night I tried to submit an ad on Craigslist for RBs and got immediately flagged and removed. I then tried to run a paid ad in the Dallas Greensheet, which is like a Pennysaver for those that don’t know, and they say they will not run an ad that does not provide the address of the property. I don’t have a property to sell yet so I have no address to put but I want to generate a buyer’s list now.

What you’re running is a “Display Ad” vs. a “Classified Ad”. You can run your ad the way you want it but it will cost you more since it is advertizing for many customers and not for just one customer for a specific property.

@Kevin B wrote:

I can put a sign in my yard but I live in a suburb on the outskirts of town and, besides, my HOA wouldn’t allow it. I can put up bandit signs but my area is really cracking down on them. It’s a $250 fine per day the signs are up and they will report violations on weekends too. About the only thing they cannot stop are people sitting there actually holding a sign but I don’t have the money to pay someone for that right now. Any suggestions?

Excuse me guys, but what the hell happened to just getting on the @#$% phone? I’ve never used a sign or placed and ad for Sellers or Buyers. Well, I take that back. I did run an ad in a local trade journal once and had to pull it cuz I got too many calls and one of those calls was from the State Dept of Real Estate wanting to know if I was a Licensed Realtor. It was a display ad for RBs, similar to some posted here.

*Remember, unless you have a property “under contract” you’re asking for trouble marketing for RBs, Leasees or Buyers. If you are Licensed there are also restrictions on how you can advertise and what you can or can’t say in your ad or on your signs.

Anyway, I’ve found that signs for Sellers/Properties don’t work and they are expensive and don’t last. If you want to find prospective RBs then go where they go when they want to find a house… to a Realtor or Lender. I’ve lived very well off nothing but referrals from a half a dozen Realtors and Lenders. Do you understand how many people there are out there that have 3% to 5% and can’t qualify for a mortgage? TONS!

You guys who keep telling me you can’t find RBs with money are all fishing at the wrong end of the pond. Go to where the fish are biting, at your local Realtor and Lender office. Realtors and Lenders are starving right now because they don’t have answers. They don’t even want to do Lease Options because they are now realizing how bogus they are.

Oh, and have I mentioned this lately… What happened to making phone calls? If you are not making calls then shame on you. Even if you get very poor response, shame on you. Some is better than none, which is what you will get with some of these signs. Besides, it keeps you in practice. If you are not having success on the phone then you better take a look at what you are saying.

I know, you say you are following the script. BULL, I’ve heard some of you and you are fiddle farting around, mumbling, searching for more to say and confusing the hell out of prospective sellers. What is so hard about asking a Seller if for a Full Price Offer they might be willing to stay on the loan for a few years while you cover 100% of the payments etc?

Thats all you need to say. Say no more or your fried. Either they will say Yes or No. Most will say No. So what, keep calling. When one says Yes, just say, Great can I ask you a few more questions so I can send you that Full Price Offer today!!! Then ask your five or six questions, shut up and get off the phone.

NULL

@Scott_L._Moyes wrote:

If you want to find prospective RBs then go where they go when they want to find a house… to a Realtor or Lender. I’ve lived very well off nothing but referrals from a half a dozen Realtors and Lenders. Do you understand how many people there are out there that have 3% to 5% and can’t qualify for a mortgage? TONS!

I agree with you 100 percent Scott. I must be doing something wrong since I know many Realtors(R) and Loan Officers and not one has ever given me a lead. I have told them if they have a borrower that does not qualify then to give me a chance at helping them or something to that effect. This is what I have found:

They market for qualified buyers within a certain range. If they do not fall within the parameters they ‘fall off the radar.” They give them no thought. They do the same thing we do. We “blast” through Sellers that will not stay on the loan. They “blast” through buyers that cannot get a new loan. Some of these agents don’t even have crumbs for us to feed off anymore.

Yet another Catch-22 for me. Maybe we should go direct to the Buyer that does not qualify. I think that is what the other members are trying to do.

@homesavers wrote:

I agree with you 100 percent Scott. I must be doing something wrong since I know many Realtors(R) and Loan Officers and not one has ever given me a lead. I have told them if they have a borrower that does not qualify then to give me a chance at helping them or something to that effect.

If you are getting that type of response from those that you know, go to those you don’t. You can’t be the an Expert in your own land. The people we know already think we’re nuts and are too proud to admit to someone they know that they don’t have the answers. They don’t see you as a “professional”, they see you as the same snot nose creap they grew up with or the guy they got drunk with one night, or the people with the kids with drug and alcohol problems.

You need to get outside your center of negitive influence and create a new one of positive influence.

@homesavers wrote:

They market for qualified buyers within a certain range. If they do not fall within the parameters they ‘fall off the radar.” They give them no thought. They do the same thing we do. We “blast” through Sellers that will not stay on the loan. They “blast” through buyers that cannot get a new loan. Some of these agents don’t even have crumbs for us to feed off anymore.

This is a great point. This is where you need to train your Referral Sources to recognize and also advertize for those special people you are looking for. Every damn Realtor and Lender is marketing the same old ways with same old garbage lines. Show they how to stand out and get the business that the others are ignoring. Partner Up with them.

@homesavers wrote:

Yet another Catch-22 for me. Maybe we should go direct to the Buyer that does not qualify. I think that is what the other members are trying to do.

And how are you going to go “direct” to the buyer. You can’t generally advertise for Leasees or Buyers unless you Licensed or are marketing a specific property you have in an NEO.

Not all Realtors are stuck in the same mold. You need to find the ones who are “Investor” oriented and may have some experience with Seller Carry Contracts. Sure, you’re going to get shot down by most but it only takes one or two good ones to make a living, believe me.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in
Contact Form
Your Fullname:

Email Address:

Phone:

Best Time to Call:

Subject:

Your Message:

Security Code:

Can't read the above security code? Refresh