Home Forum Contact Create an Account Sign In Create a Trust

How do you manage your time with a job, kids and family?

Home Forums General EHTrust/EHT Topics and Creative Real Estate Financing How do you manage your time with a job, kids and family?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of areyes areyes 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    areyes

So we just got pregnant and I wanted to know how others manage their time with investing when you have kids, a full time job, family etc?

I’m a first time dad and I’m so excited! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

My overall goal is to be a stay at home dad, become a full time investor and just make offers/close transactions remotely from home.

Now I have to buy baby books instead of real estate books.

dave salcido

@areyes wrote:

So we just got pregnant and I wanted to know how others manage their time with investing when you have kids, a full time job, family etc?

I’m a first time dad and I’m so excited! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

My overall goal is to be a stay at home dad, become a full time investor and just make offers/close transactions remotely from home.

Now I have to buy baby books instead of real estate books.

Congrats to both you and your wife Alvin! The rollercoaster of thrills and spills begins! Now, here’s my answer to your question:

delegate

areyes

@Dave Salcido wrote:

Congrats to both you and your wife Alvin! The rollercoaster of thrills and spills begins! Now, here’s my answer to your question:

delegate

Thanks dave!

Yes I’m working on becoming a master of delegating.

joecain

Hi Alvin -

You had a baby? :shock:

I didn’t even know you were pregnant. :wink:

I appreciate your new time issues. I am not a father, yet, although most of my married friends with kids seem to think that I am one of the busiest people that they know. Always on the move. Always generating myself. Always up to something.

From my own personal experience and from the anecdotal experience of the fathers among my friends, it occurs to me that the key to getting lots done may just be scheduling and planning.

I have discovered over time that my schedule/planner is just about my best friend. Everything that I want to be or accomplish, I put it in my calendar. After a while, everything that is in my calendar is something that I want to be or accomplish. Rarely do I place anything in that calendar that is not wholly endorsed by me as an item or event that I wish to be or do. All of my possibilities are there. All of my action items. All of my accomplishments. My history. My future. And, most importantly, my present. What I am doing today, along with who I am being in life.

The future is limitless. And now you get to share yourself and your future with your newborn. What an amazing opportunity. Congratulations to you and your wife and your new baby. Have fun being dad.

red12

First, a big congratulations to you and the Mrs.! Your life has truly just begun.

Second, unfortunately the question you asked in the original posting is exactly what has derailed my RE Investing. In my J.O.B. (you know, the one that actually pays the bills) I work rotating 12 hr shifts (Nights and Days) plus overtime. My wife is an RN who took an office job (still as an RN) to get away from the 12hr shifts, nights and weekends she was working. Now, throw in our 8 year old son and 7 year old daughter and school, homework, ****ball practice, gymnastics, and the day-to-day labors of homeownership and you can see where there would be very little time for RE. I tried very hard to juggle it all but my job performance began to suffer and I had to “back off” of RE and regroup. I haven’t yet given up, but my life has been made worse by REI thus far, not better. Oh yeah, did I mention that I’m facing foreclosure on my “flip” that still hasn’t sold? Also, I had to sue the contractor who did the work. Fun stuff.

I’m not trying to turn your joyous news into a “depression session” because no matter what else happens, the kids are the greatest! This is just a “reality check” in what is frequently a “rose-colored glasses” industry.

NULL

I hear you Red12. I have the same issue. I guess we have to look at the answer David gave, “Delegate”.

red12

@homesavers wrote:

I hear you Red12. I have the same issue. I guess we have to look at the answer David gave, “Delegate”.

Sounds good. Problem is I have no one to delegate anything to. We have more to do than we can handle now.

corkhorner
    Participant

why not use BG’s ‘Ground Partner’ agreement even if they are in the same town!

Like, 50% of a lot beats 100% of nothing?

c h

jsteel

No matter how busy you are you can always find a 1/2hr here and there, Try breaking things down into small steps and do them one at a time.

areyes

We just found out my wife had a miscarriage. This is devastating and depressing right now. :(

getsmart

sorry to hear that Al, there is nothing we can say on time will amend. stay strong.

piloto

Peace to both of you.

neftalipazo

Alvin and your wonderful other half (sorry I do not know your name).

Sorry to hear such sad news. I pray that Strength, Acceptance and Faith will guide you both through this difficult time.

Neftali

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in
Contact Form
Your Fullname:

Email Address:

Phone:

Best Time to Call:

Subject:

Your Message:

Security Code:

Can't read the above security code? Refresh