Home Forum Contact Create an Account Sign In Create a Trust

cussed out by a realtor

This topic contains 14 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of areyes areyes 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 0 posts
  • Author
    areyes

I said this:
    We can give you a full asking price offer if you’re willing to keep the loan in place for a few years while we cover 100% of the payments. Let me know. I have people with 3% – 5% plus 1st month looking to take over payments.

Owner/Realtor said this:
    Don’t you know the professional skills of doing title searches and property profiles? Obviously not since you make this asinine remark. You come off looking like a moron, or worse, the quick buck scam artist that you are. The property at xxx is owned free and clear, Duh! Any other bright ideas? Crawl back under your f*cking rock! Its because of scum like you that I recently wrote my new book. The first chapter is how to defend yourself against people of your ilk who are without conscience.

isn’t this exciting!

Was this in a phone conversation or in reply to one of your online ads? Most agents I’ve spoken with don’t react this way at all.

Maybe he’ll sell a bunch of books…who knows.

dbhenderson

Alvin,

It’s guys like this that cause call reluctance with most salespeople.

You have to learn to just ignore these “jerks”. They won’t last long with that attitude anyway. They are one of the nuisances of the sales game. Treat them like a nuisance (you know, like a mosquito). Just hang up on them. I hang up as soon as they start. It’s kind of fun to not say a word — just hang up! Let him keep talking to himself. NEXT!

You might show him just how professional you are. Go to the county records (or where ever else you get info, like in your case, the MLS), find the real owner and cut the blood sucker agent right out.

Like Scott Moyes says, “99% are in denial”. Keep calling, Keep making offers and ignore the occasional bump along the way (treat ‘em like a bump not a pot hole).

red12

@dbhenderson wrote:

You might show him just how professional you are. Go to the county records (or where ever else you get info, like in your case, the MLS), find the real owner and cut the blood sucker agent right out.

That’s EXACTLY what I’d do! I’d work extra hard to get this one and make sure that Realtor X knows about it afterward. You gave him a chance to stay involved and he chose to be a horse’s ass. Maybe he can add a chapter to his book about how to tell the difference between a scam and a real opportunity.

sstanton

Owner/Realtor said this:

Dave, Richard

When you go to county records you will find, in this case, the donkey pit, fornicating realtor is the owner.

Hang up and move on…

Stu

aperez

Its because of scum like you that I recently wrote my new book. The first chapter is how to defend yourself against people of your ilk who are without conscience.

I think he wrote a book because he wasn’t making money as an agent anymore. My opinion but it seems like most of these guys are frustrated by the fact that they can’t get a traditional transaction closed and they are taking it out on us. Oh well. I remember when they though their $h**t didn’t stink when the market was hot.

areyes

@j_r_mclaughlin wrote:

Was this in a phone conversation or in reply to one of your online ads? Most agents I’ve spoken with don’t react this way at all.

Maybe he’ll sell a bunch of books…who knows.

this was an email. i was making my rounds of making offers to real estate agents and he replied back via email.

he’s selling a book which im going to check out when i go to a book store to see what he’s all about

anyways ill killed the conversation with kindness and stroked his ego. hahahaha

i didnt take anything personally and he made my evening much more interesting in a funny way.

Good way to handle it. I’ve talked to a lot of agents and I figure that if I can avoid pissing em off too bad and still show em a way to get their commission then maybe down the road they’ll remember me. I’ve gotten a few referrals from them.

This has been a good reminder that I need to crank up my networking with them however. They’re an excellent source of deals

red12

@sstanton wrote:

Owner/Realtor said this:

Dave, Richard

When you go to county records you will find, in this case, the donkey pit, fornicating realtor is the owner.

Hang up and move on…

Stu

Yep, I missed the “Owner/Realtor” part of the post. As is said so frequently around here… “NEXT!”

bill_gatten
    Participant

I find that a good way to handle these kinds of people is to say (very softly and earnestly) something like;

“Sir, honestly, if I have offended you in any way at all, I am truly not sorry about it: as you have just proven yourself to be sack of congealed puss. And, in all candor, I’m hoping you pass-away soon of some painful flesh-eating bacterial disease that will begin by digesting you kidneys (so that you bloat up with pee to the point of blowing your eyeballs out of their sockets) and which will then proceed to eat out what’s left of your vestigial Neanderthal brain-stem.

Oh yeah, thank your wife for the great night last night, and tell her I’ll pay her and her mother the rest of that $50.00 some other time”

This approach always works for me (…the guy doesn’t know where you live, does he?).

Bill

tito

most real estate agents / brokers are not sophisticated enough to understand landtrust … I know because I am a real estate broker and landtrust understanding the way we use landtrust is not a prerequisite to getting the license … in your case you probably confused the agent/broker and cause the emotional frustration

i always prequalify the other party first before i make my proposal … and I consider myself lucky if I find 1 out of a 100 … it is simply the nature of our business ….

getsmart

i bet if you had a local closing attorney handle the transaction real estate agents would be more willing to do the deal. if they start asking legal questions, tell them to call your attorney for the details. that sounds so much more powerful and comes off like you are a real mover and shaker.

@GetSmart wrote:

i bet if you had a local closing attorney handle the transaction real estate agents would be more willing to do the deal. if they start asking legal questions, tell them to call your attorney for the details. that sounds so much more powerful and comes off like you are a real mover and shaker.

Even though I don’t like having Attorneys in the mix, I’ll have to admit, I think this is a good idea with regard to working with so-called “professionals” like Realtors and Lenders. The downside I see is two fold.

One; you will have to spend alot of time edgimicating the Attorney, not just on Land Trusts, but the NARS EHTrust.

And Two; the Attorney, not edgimicated, will try to do these with other clients, without you, and using copies of the NARS EHTrust.

I have this happening right now with two different Attorneys. One that I worked with and one from a previous Seller. I’m going to have Bill stick it to both of them.

getsmart

I can see your concern, but they aren’t really drafting the trust documents all they are creating is the deed to transfer interest in the property.

I think if someone came up with an ebook that briefly grazes over the details, they would be willing to explain the details if you have them on retainer and i think that would be $500 well spent to add instant credibility.

@GetSmart wrote:

I can see your concern, but they aren’t really drafting the trust documents all they are creating is the deed to transfer interest in the property.

The Deed to Trustee is also part of the whole process of documentation that the NARS Documetation Dept. handles. Joe has all the necessary Title Transfer Docs for each State. Tranferring Title to a Trustee of a Revocable Living Trust does not require an Attorney either.

@GetSmart wrote:

I think if someone came up with an ebook that briefly grazes over the details, they would be willing to explain the details if you have them on retainer and i think that would be $500 well spent to add instant credibility.

The book/s, all three of them, already exist. But I still think your idea has merit and I agree that it could be $500 well spent.

Viewing 0 posts

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Tagged with:
Posted in
Contact Form
Your Fullname:

Email Address:

Phone:

Best Time to Call:

Subject:

Your Message:

Security Code:

Can't read the above security code? Refresh

Warning: Unknown: 1 result set(s) not freed. Use mysql_free_result to free result sets which were requested using mysql_query() in Unknown on line 0