Home Forum Contact Create an Account Sign In Create a Trust

Closing Attorney or Escrow Company in Georgia?

Home Forums General Deal Makers -Ground Partner Request – Investor Needs – EHT Opportunities Closing Attorney or Escrow Company in Georgia?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of markeatkins markeatkins 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    markeatkins

I need a closing attorney or escrow company in Georgia to handle my Land Trust closing that knows what they are doing? Does anyone have any recommendations? I called Premium Escrow to see if they could refer me to firm in Georgia, but they couldn’t…Thanks in advance and have a great day!!!

Mark

scott_l._moyes
    Participant

Unless there is a law in Georgia that says homeowners must use an attorney to draft a revocable living trust, you don’t need an attorney to draft or “close” an EHTrust.

We/NARS provides you with all the documentation and processing you need, including full legal and accounting review. Equity Holding Corp will provide Trusteeship and Equity Management will provide all the Escrow Services you will need.

All you need to do is provide the require data to create the trust and we’ll do the rest for you. If you need further assistance, don’t be afraid to ask.

Fair Enough?

markeatkins

Scott,

Thanks for your reply…I was just trying to add more creditability to the transaction. I understand the process, but a buyer, a buyer’s agent or seller might not and it would be great to have a third party (An Attorney or Title Company) to answer their questions in addition to sharing their
    E & O Insurance. Again, thanks for the reply Scott…Have a great day!!!

Mark

corkhorner
    Participant

agents are always concerned about liability relating to E&O insurance, a valid concern probably.

Until all parties are on board and ‘comfortable’, there ain’t gonna be any closing, regardless of one’s sincerity.

This lawyer question comes up frequently and ‘ain’t gonna go away’ real soon.

ImHo, ‘we’ still need a camp of cre lawyers who are willing to learn and understand the nature of our process.

An idea is to ask any lawyer in any state familiar with NEHT to refer someone in the chosen state.

Does the trustee Tom Standen have recommendations regarding lawyers in the various states?

scott_l._moyes
    Participant

@markeatkins wrote:

Scott,

Thanks for your reply…I was just trying to add more creditability to the transaction. I understand the process, but a buyer, a buyer’s agent or seller might not and it would be great to have a third party (An Attorney or Title Company) to answer their questions in addition to sharing their
    E & O Insurance. Again, thanks for the reply Scott…Have a great day!!!

Mark

I understand, I use an Escrow Company for that very reason, minus the Attorney or Company being able to answer anything related to our transaction. BTW, when using a “Title Company”, they are required to write a new Title Policy to do nothing more than a simple escrow service, which is totally unnecessary. Equity Holding Corp will provide all that for no additional cost. All you need to do is meet at a bank for a notary and send all your docs in with a cashiers check, that’s it.

At one of the NARS workshops in San Diego we had a Title Company come and let our members know that they would / could provide services to close EHTrusts for $2500, which is totally absurd. All you need is and escrow and notary.

Believe me, “credibility” cost much less than $2500.

markeatkins

Thanks guys for you input…And I agree that it doesn’t have to cost so much to close these transactions. I wanted my transactions to mirror a regular closing as much as possible to the buyer/tenant and seller. I’ve got two deals working and good houses in the metro Atlanta area. I just want to provide the buyer/tenant and the seller with a solution to their needs. I also want to make sure all parties involved in the transaction are understand exactly what supposed to happen and are comfortable with doing this transaction…And since I don’t need an attorney to close these transactions I might try closing them at the property and just bring a notary with me. I really think this technique is one of the best ways to help get the housing industry somewhat upright…It’s just that I see the industry from the real estate brokerage side of the industry as well as the real estate investment side of the industry. I’m a broker in Florida and a associate broker in Georgia. I have two questions…First, is there an editable forms CD that I can buy and second, are there any members in the metro Atlanta area? Thanks again and in advance for your input!!! Have a great day!!!

scott_l._moyes
    Participant

@markeatkins wrote:

I have two questions…First, is there an editable forms CD that I can buy

The editable forms are no longer available because they were misused. By using the NARS Documentation Process you are assured that your documentation will correct and compliant.

@markeatkins wrote:

and second, are there any members in the metro Atlanta area?

There are several that I know of, including a few Realtors. If you do a search in the Member Area, you should be able to locate them.

If you need any further assistance with a transaction or documentation, just ask.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in
Contact Form
Your Fullname:

Email Address:

Phone:

Best Time to Call:

Subject:

Your Message:

Security Code:

Can't read the above security code? Refresh