Home Forum Contact Create an Account Sign In Create a Trust

Any suggestions for reponse to this question

Home Forums General EHTrust/EHT Topics and Creative Real Estate Financing Any suggestions for reponse to this question

This topic contains 22 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of just call me rich just call me rich 11 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

This is Not Directly Related, but it is their exact response to my inquiry and the exact answers I gave and it did just happen, today:

Why are you interested in my house?

To generate every penny of the appraised value, out of it, for you, because that’s the only way you’ll get a Check cut to you, for your Entire Equity Amount.

Seem’s a little odd–you would make an offer before seeing the inside?

95% percent of the homes bought are not within 1000 miles of me.I’ve never seen the Owner or the Property.Or, the inside. But, someone has.

I have offers on 389 properties, at this moment, all over a 1000 miles away and I’ve never seen the Owner or the Properties or the inside and probably never will.

We are probably not interested.

Why would I care if someone isn’t interested in my Offer ?

We’re not willing to sell below appraisal.

What’s the Appraised Value ? the Payments and Interest ?, taxes and insurance and remaining balance owed ?

I would think you would want a margin that I’m not willing to give.

I make my own Margin by Making you a Market, in which, to sell your home.

Thanks for the inquiry,Mike

Thank you, for thanking
    me,Alan Gross

NULL

@agross wrote:

I agree that you shouldn’t care because that would get you down but I think you should care about one thing-What you are doing is going to work at all. Since if they are not interested it is for a reason. That reason is shared by thousands. Who is interested and why? That is the question. Is this so random and unreproducible as to not allow science to measure it? So you send out 389 offers will one produce a deal? If not why? If you do get a deal why did they say, Yes?
    I am not sure about you but I need to know the answers to these questions otherwise I may end up “flogging a dead horse”

agross wrote:

Donald, Of course, you know that is just a Standard Operating Procedure SLM-ism.

The Best Motivation for Not Being Un-Motivated and still sending Offers is, “Who Cares if they are Interested ?”

Your other points follow with that.

I agree that you shouldn’t care because that would get you down but I think you should care about one thing-What you are doing is going to work at all.

For a year now, I’ve seen you grasping for a Viable Business Model.

Since if they are not interested it is for a reason. That reason is shared by thousands. Most people want Full Price Cash and Full Price to them is while they are still in an Up Market and no one else is.

Bill had twenty questions for dividing out those that can gradually have their “Pain” brought to light. Other disciplines deal with denial and have to learn the art of getting them to show their cards and, thus, their true colors.

They can stay stupid and loose money.

My newest Acquisition Liaison sent me this guy’s “interesting questions.”

We want them to ask questions, as Scott has said, up to a point ( of not challenging and fighting their own fears, by attacking you) that shows that they are interested in something, Why ? because, nothing else is working for them.

This guy might call back. He might not. I gave him a shot.

There is a country full of houses.

Who is interested and why? That is the question.

That is the Question.

You could put Bill’s questions on a Free Web-Site and say, ” When, someone Offers you 92% and you pay a Realtor AND subtract your holding costs, DID YOU STILL GET YOUR $ 20,000 “Perceived” Equity ?

The Market is Down, too. Do they know that ?

Then, ask, “Do you want to give me your Info so we can do business ?”

Those that contact are interested.

Those that log off just dropped dead.

Is this so random and unreproducible as to not allow science to measure it?

The Science is the Art.

What is the Art ?

It was what you asked a minute ago.

Who is interested and why? That is the question.

For those that bubble still, just put a bunch of questions into one and say,” I was contacting…It seems like a nice place… and you may have had an appraisal lately… but, WHY ARE YOU SELLING ??”

Do you ask people that ?

“I’ve got a Real Estate PROBLEM”, is the answer.

It can’t be auto-mated, unless we find a way to ASK.

Otherwise, we’ll never know.

The places we know there are Motivated sellers can have a lot of other folks going after them, however, you have an awful lot to offer that others don’t.

So you send out 389 offers will one produce a deal? If not why? If you do get a deal why did they say, Yes?

I have that bottled and available for 1 grand an ounce.

I am not sure about you but I need to know the answers to these questions otherwise I may end up “flogging a dead horse”

I understand every word you’ve ever written ( except this, but who’s counting).

And, unlike so many others that come back taking a swipe at everything, I believe that you are doing your own thinking ( and not a spouse or downer friend or GOD FORBID: by Discussing our threads on other sites :evil: and then coming back with disjointed :twisted: verbal vomit, for real :( .)

So, what am I going to tell you ? Keep suffering defeats ?

AND STAY POSITIVE ?

Everybody has to work on that game.

Edison, for one. Lincoln, for two. Moyes, for three.

The other posting, in response to Scott’s Holiday gave the different components of the game.

Yes, you need buyers and sellers and money, maybe here and there, FROM SOMEWHERE.

I’ve had a Property in perfect shape, vacant, gated community, $100,000 Equity, $ 2,000 a month positive cash flow, a signed NEO and Scott told me he had a bunch of others he was working on and wasn’t interested.

So, even Scott wasn’t going to bail me out into a fortune ! On that One ? Nope.

QUESTION:

You don’t have an Exit Strategy, do you ?

Do you have ONE Scenario that would work, given your present personal resources, of time and money ?

Thanks Jerry!

I definitely need to review my negotiating information again. Its all to easy to get in a rut! I REALLY appreciate all this great feedback from everyone.

And thanks a heap to you too Alvin!

I am by far not a great computer whiz, being stuck in the wrong century of pen and ink when it comes to my own record keeping. But that tip should definitely make my life easier!!

Thanks form the insight Alan!

I often get alot of those same sort of questions, but I am learning, albeit slowly, how to tell in the first few minutes if they are actually motivated or not.

I tend to keep my responses more simple (or maybe they are more simple to me);

I’m sorry, I thought you wanted to sell it.

Seems a little odd….that you would make an offer before you’d seen the inside ?

Due to the number of property owners we contact every day we would rather be sure that we have reached an agreement before we send someone to see the property, so as not to waste your time or ours.

[/b]We probably are not interested

Then I thank you for time and have a GREAT day!

We are not willing to sell below appraisal?

We have no problem with that. Can you furnish us with an appraisal that is 6 months or less old? This market has changed so drastically so fast any appraisal older than that would not be valid.

I would think that you want a margin that I am not willing to give

What margin am I not willing to give? (shut up, shut up, shut up & listen)

mark_azevedo
    Participant

Can I take a stab at ‘em? ;-)

I don’t know that I am until we talk a little more. Before we get started, can I ask you a question? I know it’s going to sound a bit odd but why are we talking? I mean, why didn’t you put your house on the market 6 months ago or 6 months from now? Why now, why today? (hush up and LISTEN!!)

or

I don’t know that I am until we talk a little more. Before we get started, can I ask you a question? What are you looking to accomplish by selling your house?

Seems a little odd….that you would make an offer before you’d seen the inside ?

What specifically is odd about it?

We probably are not interested

Just because you aren’t interested right now only means you have yet to discover those benefits that truly do interest you.

We are not willing to sell below appraisal?

I guess I’m asking myself how much money has that kind of thinking cost you in the past? Your appraisal was only good on the day it was issued. As the market keeps going in its current direction, ask yourself how much more money are you prepared to lose?

I would think that you want a margin that I am not willing to give

You aren’t trying to retire off my margin, you’re looking to move onto that next chapter in your life and my offer will do just that. What I’m telling you is your opportunity is right here, right now.

areyes

Everytime I send out my NEO, I include this in the email to address a few objections before they can ask me.

Here is our preliminary 90 Day Non-Exclusive Option for you to review and consider.

What NOT to expect:
    Do not expect a Full Asking Price Offer with ALL CASH in this down market.
    Do not expect a Full Asking Price Offer with a NEW PURCHASE LOAN in this down market.
    Do not expect a Full Asking Price Offer with any CONVENTIONAL LOAN in this down market.

What to expect:
    Do expect a Full Asking Price Offer with TERMS in a down market.

The 90 Day Non-Exclusive Option is a Non Binding Agreement that allows us to market your property to our pool of potential tenant/buyers to come in and take over the payments and responsibilities of maintaining the property using our terms.

Few differences between Exclusive and Non-Exclusive
    Most real estate agents would tie up the homeowner and tie up the property for 6 months with an Exclusive Listing Agreement and market the property to conventional buyers with great credit and down payment. These pool of conventional buyers are very rare now a days in this down market and will typically low ball a homeowner through a significant discount to make it a good deal for themselves. We won’t tie you up and your property and we certainly won’t low ball you.

Most real estate investors would tie up the homeowner and tie up the property up for a 30 days with an Exclusive Option Agreement and record this option to cloud your title. These pool of real estate investors are a dime a dozen and will typically low ball a homeowner through a significant discount to make it a good deal for themselves. We won’t tie you up and your property and we certainly won’t low ball you.

Important **
    Our 90 Day Non-Exclusive Option means:

1. We’re not tied to you.
    2. You’re not tied to us.
    3. We’re not tying up your property like a typical real estate agent or an investor.
    4. We’re not going to even record the option to cloud your title.
    5. We’re not going to take a quit claim deed.
    6. We’re giving you your full asking price, PLUS!
    7. PLUS, a portion of any profit centers we’re able to create above your full asking price in the next
    3-10 years.
    8. We’re willing to give you 100% of any existing equity, all you have to do is wait for it.
    9. We’re willing to give you 25% of any future appreciation when the property is sold or refinanced.
    10. We’re willing to give you 25% of any principal reduction when the property is sold or refinanced.
    11. We’re willing to give you 25% of any positive cash flow we’re able to create in the next 3-10
    years.
    12. We’re willing to pay you to use your property and partner up with us using our creative strategies.
    13. Just give us 90 days to do our due diligence.
    14. Just give us 90 days to market for our pool of non-conventional tenant/buyers.
    15. Just give us 90 days to market for our pool of conventional buyers.

So it’s risk free for you to market your property in tandem with us and it doesn’t cost you anything. You are still free to talk to any real estate agent, conventional buyer or investor that can do an outright purchase with you. If we find our tenant/buyer before you, then we would exercise our option and proceed with our full price offer. If you find a qualified, conventional, buyer before we find a tenant/buyer, we’ll withdraw our option and you can proceed with your cash purchase. So this is exactly what it is, a Non-Exclusive Option, that just gives you another alternative to move your property if you can’t find a conventional buyer for what you want now. Kind of like your backup plan, if you will.

If the non-exclusive option goes past 90 days, then it just expires or it can be extended if we all mutually agree to do this. You can continue to market for your own conventional buyer and we will market for our own. Fair enough?

After emailing you our 90 Day Non Exclusive Option, we’re willing to wait up to 6 months to decide whether you want to do this or not. This way there’s no pressure on you to make a quick decision without proper legal counseling or talking to a trusted adviser. We can go over how it works, why we prefer to do it properly versus quickly and cheaply. We’ll also go over the risks, pitfalls, what-if scenarios, benefits, incentives, protections, etc. Please remember we prefer to educate first before doing business with anyone. If you don’t ask us questions, most certainly we won’t do business with you. If you decide to decline our Full Asking Price Offer, that is totally fine with us. We’ll still say YES to you down the road if you’ve exhausted all your efforts to sell or lease your property conventionally and need a creative alternative. Just leave our Full Asking Price Offer on the table and contact us if you want to give it a try. It’s only a Full Asking Price Offer and at least it’s in writing. Besides, how many other Full Asking Price Offers have you had within the past few months and in writing?

Please let us know if you have any questions, concerns or what-if scenarios so we know how to proceed with our time after you have reviewed our documentation.

The seller will only receive a 4 page NEO ONLY. I do not include the proposal letter, terms of proposal and purchase offer.

dbhenderson

What do you want? (Listen)

I can do that! or Next!

NULL

@agross wrote:

agross wrote:

For a year now, I’ve seen you grasping for a Viable Business Model.

QUESTION:

You don’t have an Exit Strategy, do you ?

Do you have ONE Scenario that would work, given your present personal resources, of time and money ?

Thanks, Alan. You have been very helpful and I mean that. My Business Model has changed a few times since I started this about 4 years ago.
    Basically I would say the model goes like this:

Indentify Motivated Sellers
    Indentify Buyers that nobody wants because they cannot qualify for an institutional loan.
    Get into a written contract with the Owner
    Bring the Buyer with some cash and a low FICO score to this house to sign an Occupancy or Lease agreement.
    Collect Cash from the Buyer (RB) upfront and monthly

Exit is to have them get a new loan at the end of the term at 80 LTV or extend the term for continued cash flow.
    Cash everyone out at the end of the term.

Keep doing that until I have completed 100 Transactions at min of 10,000 profit or I get bored :) which ever comes first.

My biggest challenged is finding buyers with enough money and Sellers that want to do this without fearing it. If I could find a willing buyer with cash and a willing Seller with courage then I would not need to post this.

Thanks again for all your help.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in
Contact Form
Your Fullname:

Email Address:

Phone:

Best Time to Call:

Subject:

Your Message:

Security Code:

Can't read the above security code? Refresh