Home Forum Contact Create an Account Sign In Create a Trust

Adjustable Rate Question

This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of bolieunj bolieunj 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 0 posts
  • Author
    bolieunj

I am reviewing a new client’s loan docs for an adjustable rate mortgage. It will reset in 3 years by 2.25% based on the index. However, if the index is lower than the rate the client had been paying, does the rate adjust down or stay at the previous level? The client does not appear to qualify for a loan mod (i’m having them fill out the pre-qualifying worksheet anyway) and I am trying to work with the future adjustments in mind.

Thanks in advance!

Leon

bill_gatten
    Participant

To the best of my knowledge there are no ARM’s that wont adjust downward as well as upward given the index used and the margin in question.

GPM’s yes, but not ARMS.

Bill

bolieunj

Thank you for the quick response Bill. My wife and I are trying to get back out to see you all since we had so much fun with you and Gail in San Antonio on our 10th wedding anniversary.

I can’t find any text that says this adjustment won’t adjust downward but have seen previous adjustable rate addendums that state it can never go lower than the introductory rate. One thing just came to mind, if adjustables can go lower and indexes are near/are at historic lows, why is anyone with an adjustable mortgage having higher payments, option ARMs not withstanding?

Regards,

Leon

socalgal
    Participant

BolieuNJ, all ARMs have a floor. The floor is usually–but not always–the start rate. Therefore, most–but certainly not all–recently originated ARMs can’t take advantage of rate declines, while they’re subject to rate increases.

Bummer, huh?

bolieunj

That’s what I thought but was able to find explicit text that stated that in loan docs and can’t find that here this time.

Thanks!

Leon

socalgal
    Participant

Check your “Adjustable Rate Rider;” that’s where the terms governing adjustments to the Note can be found.

Check your “Adjustable Rate Rider;” that’s where the terms governing adjustments to the Note can be found.

Also, make sure when you go to Denny’s that when you order, “French” Toast or “French” Fries, that they are actually “French” and not just a loaf of Wonder Bread or actually an “Idaho” Potato they slice up beyond recognition and called it “french”. You need to always ask first and know what you’re ordering or buying first before you waste your money and the cooks time.

Viewing 0 posts

The topic ‘Adjustable Rate Question’ is closed to new replies.

Tagged with:
Posted in
Contact Form
Your Fullname:

Email Address:

Phone:

Best Time to Call:

Subject:

Your Message:

Security Code:

Can't read the above security code? Refresh

Warning: Unknown: 1 result set(s) not freed. Use mysql_free_result to free result sets which were requested using mysql_query() in Unknown on line 0